Thread: Sharp MX2610n

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Question Sharp MX2610n

We have a customer that has one of these machines and it is giving a 3d effect. I found that a registration adjustment in system settings maybe could fix it. I also found sim 50- 21,22,23 could fix the problem.
    Would these fix the problem? If I need to go into service menu how would you do it on this model? I have it as P,*,C,* I have tried that but I could not get in. Is there a special way to get to service mode?

Thank you so very much.

Cameron

We normally work on Lanier, but in the past I worked on older sharps under the imagistics label ( over 10 Years ago ).

Sharp MX2610n

Home key 2x
    Then, right down where is writing version od software (ver. XXXXX)- click pn this
    Then tou will have keyboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX2610n

Thank you so much.

Cameron

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you ivan123, I was able to get into the service mode. I ran the sim50-22 for the 3-d effect and it came up as fail. It gave me a failure of Data_Sub_C_F_head 20, I tried searching on the web for this error and can not find it. The Intravia guide I have doesn't list this at all, I know they are kind of vague. Customer did say that last week before this started they had yellow and magenta areas on there prints, that cleared up and now this 3-d.
    Any help anyone can give me would sure be welcome.

Thank you

Cameron

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Look at the drive gear on the back of Transfer belt unit. The other might be a LSU. Posting a sample of the image quality might help to determine the issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

20170322080426120_0001.jpgHere is an example of what this machine is doing. I hope this works, this is the first time I have tried uploading a picture.

Thanks

Cameron

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks to everyone that helped me, I got the machine working. I pulled the transfer belt assy out and cleaned 2 sensors above it. I am guessing those are the ones it looks at for setting color registration. On Lanier there are 3 of them. I also saw under sim 50, I think it was 20 or 21 that yellow settings were way of from the other colors. I changed those to be more in line with others than ran #22 color registration in both directions and it passed. The copies and prints look great now.

Thanks again

Cameron