Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp MXM365N Toner/Developer Dusting Issue

Have a machine that when I open Tray-One front of tray is full of toner dust. I check Toner Container for seating - good. Check Drum Unit & Connection to Toner Container - good. Swopped out DV Unit thinking because there was some dusting on Right-Side Door - Ran and seemed that did the trick. Not so. The dusting is less but still dusting inside the tray and actually underneath Tray-One (saw this yesterday). The only thing I didn't change was the Drum Unit. Yesterday's visit I changed the Drum and Charge. Not sure this was the right thing to do - there was no dusting on the Right-Side Door, but thinking that it was something to try to correct the issue - Drum had some wear. I would have probably changed out the Drum if I had one.

The dusting is in the Tray and under the tray which is baffling. Dusting under tray may have been from past - not 100% sure. Power Supply seems good. Copy is excellent. <br><br><br>I don't know if I am missing something simple or not. Have had issues like this in the past but what I have done so far is usually the fix. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Tech2002; 03-23-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: Sharp MXM365N Toner/Developer Dusting Issue

I would agree changing out the drum and charge should take care of the issue

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    I would agree changing out the drum and charge should take care of the issue
    Appreciate the reply. I feel stupid about this but I couldn't think of anything additional to look at, but sometimes there is that unknown. Looking to see what happens over the next week or so. What got me was when finding the dusting under Tray-One. Thank you.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Make sure you have the retrofit seals/stickers for the toner seal on top of the drum. Also, check the grounding clip on the back of the registration unit for toner dusting.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Make sure you have the retrofit seals/stickers for the toner seal on top of the drum. Also, check the grounding clip on the back of the registration unit for toner dusting.

Have not been out yet to see if Drum and Charge changed made a difference, if not, this would be my next step. Thanks for the tip.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Found the Fix!

Found out what the issue was. Someone dropped the Waste Cap To the Waste Container, to the Left Side of the Waste toner BOX tray. It's hinged on the Left and Swings on the Right - UP & Down, ever so slightly. With that Cap caught where it was, was just enough to keep the Waste Pipe to be off to spill into the Tray. I was cleaning out the excess Toner when I broke down the Waste toner BOX tray by pulling two screws and found the Cap. This thing drove me nuts. But that was the Fix.