Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp MXM264N SD Card Issues

Sharp MXM264N SD Card Issues

Have had an ongoing issue with the SD Card - Seemingly thinking they were going bad.

I replaced the MFPC PWB early on, and every time I'd think every thing was good I'd be back to the SD Card because of the Error Code - thinking I had a bad card.

Two-weeks ago I tried something different, because machine coded out, I turned off the machine, I pulled the SD Card, then turned on the machine without the SD Card installed.

Turned off the system, replaced the SD Card and fired up the system again. The system came up with no codes. So something was causing the
    system to code out. I was told not to have Preheat and Shut-off timed together. That adjustment was made. I did change the MFPC PWB but
    used the Old SD Card. So far, for more than a week now, with client having Browns and Power Outage - no codes. I have an Innovolt Surge Protector on the system.

So anyone thinking the SC Card is Bad I would suggest what I did to make sure the SD Card is Actually Bad and not be the setting I spoke of.

I don't know what possessed me to try what I did, but it worked. I could have tested out boards but the issue was/has been intermittent. Every 4-6/months.

Hope if anyone is having an issue or has had an issue as I have that this is a help. One of the fun things to deal with when deal with a Sharp Copier. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good system - less the fact the Chinese build it. I could tell you stories!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Sharp MXM264N SD Card Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Tech2002 View Post
    Have had an ongoing issue with the SD Card - Seemingly thinking they were going bad.

I replaced the MFPC PWB early on, and every time I'd think every thing was good I'd be back to the SD Card because of the Error Code - thinking I had a bad card.

Two-weeks ago I tried something different, because machine coded out, I turned off the machine, I pulled the SD Card, then turned on the machine without the SD Card installed.

Turned off the system, replaced the SD Card and fired up the system again. The system came up with no codes. So something was causing the
    system to code out. I was told not to have Preheat and Shut-off timed together. That adjustment was made. I did change the MFPC PWB but
    used the Old SD Card. So far, for more than a week now, with client having Browns and Power Outage - no codes. I have an Innovolt Surge Protector on the system.

So anyone thinking the SC Card is Bad I would suggest what I did to make sure the SD Card is Actually Bad and not be the setting I spoke of.

I don't know what possessed me to try what I did, but it worked. I could have tested out boards but the issue was/has been intermittent. Every 4-6/months.

Hope if anyone is having an issue or has had an issue as I have that this is a help. One of the fun things to deal with when deal with a Sharp Copier. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good system - less the fact the Chinese build it. I could tell you stories!

So you just booted the machine without the SDcard, powered back down, powered back up with the old SDcard?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Madnhain's Avatar

You may want to check the power at the wall also.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It is the SD card. They fail frequently on these machines and especially on ones that do not have the optional HDD, as the card is constantly being read/written to as well as storing the firmware, and the cards Sharp use are cheap and nasty shite ones.
    Find a working SD from a good machine, clone it using hddrawcopy, keep a copy of the clone on your laptop then just clone it back onto a normal 8GB class 10 SD card and it will fix it