Thread: MX-7500

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Madnhain's Avatar

MX-7500

After Black dev unit, blk developer and drum were replaced, 50-22 fails with code "ENC_TIMEOUT_K"
    Skew is WAY off on all colors, no colors align, tried dialing the colors in manually with 50-20, got close but not perfect, 50-22 still fails. Looked at TB, no black patch on 50-22, there was a cyan patch, and the Yellow/Magenta were overlapping almost entirely. Completely gutted the machine, took all components out (DV Units, Process Units, PCT, PS Unit, registration unit, LSU, back cover etc) Cleaned extensively. There was a good amount of Blk dusting throughout.
    44-2 had errors yesterday, but today was successful.
    Last step before throwing in the towel was reverting the Firmware. There was an update to the PCU Main done a few weeks ago, I reverted back to the previous version thinking maybe the update through something out of whack. No Joy.
    I've ordered replacement Reg sensors, and drive units,

Black print / copy is perfect.

50-22 is now NOT printing any patches, removed the TB Cleaning blade to confirm.
    attached are samples MX-7500 Samples.pdf

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: MX-7500

I have seen something similar on a 2610, your example looks very similar. In my case, it turned out to be the main drive motor. The error ENC_TIMEOUT_K, indicates an error with the K encoder sensor, which also happens to be in the main drive motor.
    In a Sharp machine, the colors use black to align. If black is off, the color will NEVER line up.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Right, color references black, and the black print/copy is beautiful... it just won't put the test patch on the TB. Friggin weird.
    This is a 4-hour drive to go work on this thing, so I'm packing a bag and heading out first thing tomorrow morning. I'm taking with me a whole mess of parts. (Including the main drive unit).

Thank you for your input sir!

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    I have seen something similar on a 2610, your example looks very similar. In my case, it turned out to be the main drive motor. The error ENC_TIMEOUT_K, indicates an error with the K encoder sensor, which also happens to be in the main drive motor.
    You sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar.
    First thing I did was replace the Blk Main Drive Assy. 50-22 took a bit of time, but succeeded first try.

Thank you for your input!

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madnhain View Post
    You sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar.
    First thing I did was replace the Blk Main Drive Assy. 50-22 took a bit of time, but succeeded first try.

Thank you for your input!
    Thank you Sir.
    Glad I could help.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!