Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MX5141 drum/developer issue

We get a lot machines pulling developer out of the DVbox, always on the same place on the drum.

Anybody knows why this is happening? Sharp has no idea...but we get this a lot.

See pictures...

IMG_1693.JPGIMG_1697.JPGIMG_1702.JPGIMG_1704.JPG

Re: MX5141 drum/developer issue

[QUOTE=boutn;557194]We get a lot machines pulling developer out of the DVbox, always on the same place on the drum.

Anybody knows why this is happening? Sharp has no idea...but we get this a lot.

See pictures...

IMG_1693.JPGIMG_1697.JPGIMG_1702.JPGIMG_1704.JPG

I m got same problem since model MX-5001N

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ok, have had a few of these lately on similiar models.
    Here is what seemed to fix my problem.
    1st check discharge lamp coming on using Sim 5-4. Pull out Black DV unit and drum unit.
    If good, I replaced Process unit, DV unit and Waste container at the same time.
    You will need to restart Developer unit, New Drum as well and Charge Kit.
    Before I did this, I was going back on machines frequently because of developer getting depleted.
    Good luck and 2 of my machines haven't had this problem since.
    My problem was mostly Black units because account didn't do much color.
    Last edited by jp74msj55; 03-29-2017 at 09:45 PM.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

If you look at picture #4, you will see a metal clip covered in toner; this is the drum unit grounding clip. When the drums lose ground, you will pull DV from the units. Always make sure the clips and frame are clean of toner.
    IMG_1704.JPG
    There is also a new, retrofitted (if you can call tape a retrofit) charge kit that should be used. There are also new style DV filters.
    As mentioned in the previous post, check the erase lamps AND the LED on the rear frame, behind the drum units. With that much dusting, they get coated very easily and cleaning does not happen.
    Be sure to run proper setups after parts are replaced.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

When we get this, we replace the entire drum-unit (so always latest version of this unit) and the DV.

Filters are always cleaned when we do maintenance, as are the discharge leds.

We always bend the metal clip a little more to be sure it makes contact.

We even tried retrofitting that metal plate with some tape to keep it clean.

Despite all of this, it keeps happening.

We have about 100 of these machines (5141 4141 5112 4112)...so we have a lot of troubles with this.

Anyone with a real solution?

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    MX5141 drum/developer issue

are you using first of all genuine sharp kit. Are you using the MX310MK or MX510MK kits?
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    are you using first of all genuine sharp kit. Are you using the MX310MK or MX510MK kits?
    As i said: we replace the entire drum-unit (mx51gusa)(so always latest version of this unit)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Madnhain's Avatar

MX-51NUSA? I don't know what a 51GUSA is, no mention of it on IDNC.

I was going to suggest it was a electrical issue, but if it is happening across the board on 100 machines, that seems unlikely.

Is the Firmware Current on all units?

most likely cause for a universal problem like what you are describing is non-oem parts. I can't think of anything else that would cause the exact same issue on 100 machines.

I've got around 80 units of this same series, and have not experienced even close to what you are describing. Occasionally there might be a drum that goes bad where this will happen, but from your images, it's not a single drum, but all going out at once.

Just a shot in the dark here, but what's the transfer belt look like? Do you have similar issues there?
    Last edited by Madnhain; 04-04-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnhain View Post
    MX-51NUSA? I don't know what a 51GUSA is, no mention of it on IDNC.

I was going to suggest it was a electrical issue, but if it is happening across the board on 100 machines, that seems unlikely.

Is the Firmware Current on all units?

most likely cause for a universal problem like what you are describing is non-oem parts. I can't think of anything else that would cause the exact same issue on 100 machines.

I've got around 80 units of this same series, and have not experienced even close to what you are describing. Occasionally there might be a drum that goes bad where this will happen, but from your images, it's not a single drum, but all going out at once.

Just a shot in the dark here, but what's the transfer belt look like? Do you have similar issues there?
    MX51GUSA is the European part.

FW is latest.

Transferbelt is always ok, only if it prints too long like this, we have to change de cleaning blade.

Technician

Hi have had this problem before and this remedy has seem to have sorted it out

Make sure to use correct charge kit MX510mk and not MX310mk as they look the same but are different
    Also on the charge unit there is three vents two on the left and one on the right that need to be taped with insulating tape

I have used this solution on four or five machines and this has cured the problem for me