Question Sharp Car Inventory

We work on color and black & white sharp copiers, and was just wondering what kind of stock do you carry? How do you keep track of what you have in you car stock and if you use a list of some sort. Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Sharp Car Inventory

I keep nothing, except for bags for developer, a toner vacuum, and my toolkit.

Every morning I take 15 minutes to stock up on assemblies, parts, rollers and toners related to that days service call.

We use E-automate. When I use a part I put it in the service ticket online, and it removes the item from the main warehouse inventory automatically.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp Car Inventory

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    I keep nothing, except for bags for developer, a toner vacuum, and my toolkit.

Every morning I take 15 minutes to stock up on assemblies, parts, rollers and toners related to that days service call.

We use E-automate. When I use a part I put it in the service ticket online, and it removes the item from the main warehouse inventory automatically.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Kudos to you. Not sure how that's even possible. Calls come in all day and calls get moved around to different techs. I carry a crap-ton of Sharp parts because there is so much rebuilding and there are so many copy quality calls.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I try to carry some of the common PF and ADF rollers. Also some sensors that are known to be flaky. Never hurts to have the mod parts for the Frontier series fusers. Other than that we have to look at the calls for more specific parts and supplies. I just carry mine in a little box and take out of inventory when they are used.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp Car Inventory

Naturally, the company keeps track of exactly what we have and use. For the last couple decades I've kept an Excel spreadsheet. The first page shows a running inventory of the current count on perhaps 300 line items. Since the list has been around for a while it has naturally evolved as models move on to that great graveyard, so there are perhaps 3000 lines. The second tab shows daily activity. Each time I get +2 of this or use -2 of that, or transfer -2 of the other thing to tech Bill ... each shows a line. The third tab is a list of parts ordered for calls that have not arrived yet. It's just a reminder to ask about that main board, if it still hasn't showed up after two weeks.

I spend about an hour each week maintaining the spreadsheet. When it comes time to count, I can copy out the data in the first tab, and sort for quantity. Then I can delete the zero quantities, and re-sort for part number. Now I've got a consecutive list of part numbers on-hand.

If there's a discrepancy I can go to the second tab. I copy out the data in the second tab, sort for part number, then date. Now I've got a list of every time I've received, used, or transferred that heat roller, going back as far as you like. This list is also useful for deciding what to keep on hand. If you haven't used an item in a year, well maybe you don't need to carry it any more.

As a spreadsheet person I can confirm that sometimes these spreadsheets can get vastly over-complicated. But this one hasn't changed much in a very long time. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Sharp Car Inventory

We carry car stock so i can be out in the field without stocking up for as long as possible. Parts are logged to the call and if its a which i have on my template it will be automatically replenished and on my shelf to pick up when im next in. Our stocks are all customised to the areas we cover and what machines we tend to fix.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Technician

I work in a single town with about 300 Sharps under contract, I am the only tech in town. I keep a Box for each color series that has all of the supplies maint items, I also rebuild units at the shop like Primary Trans belts and Fusers but do the drums and DV in offices. I average 2 or 3 calls a day and grab a box for the machines I plan to work on to go in my trunk each day, or I swing by and grab a box if a customer goes down. It isn't normally a huge issue for my to swing back to the shop if I need to. I also keep in the car sensors, feed wheels, and gears that commonly go bad. For B&W machines that might need a PM I just grab the stuff off the shelf as needed. We schedule most PMs in advance using MICAS and RED. I only use Sharp OEM supplies, never skip a PM, and always practice "total call".

Im in a small town so my travels average like 10 mins to get to a customers office In a large city where traffic and distance is a problem I might keep each of those boxes in my vehicle.

Technician

Drums, Mk kits for all colour and mono copiers, 1 x set each of mx23, 31 plus a 50 blk, 36, 38 and 51, 1 x each mono toner, various devs, vac, one of each waste box and some fax toners, feed roller kits, a few htr kits and two full htr units (mxm310 and mxm160D) so pretty full really.
    Tool case is behind the drivers seat.