Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MX-M623 pod1_n jams on simplex

1.7 M copies. Mxm623 misfeeds 95% of the time while Simplex copying. Accordion fold after the finisher before hitting the sensor in the delivery unit. Problem does not show on duplex copy, 2 to 2. Replaced fuser Drive Unit, delivery unit and fuser unit with working 623 in another room. No change. Lead edge of paper is not impeded. Lead edge half inch past nip of delivery unit rollers. I think it could be a trailing Edge sensor slow to respond it radically, causing the machine to time out. I appreciate any help.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Re: MX-M623 pod1_n jams on simplex

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    1.7 M copies. Mxm623 misfeeds 95% of the time while Simplex copying. Accordion fold after the finisher before hitting the sensor in the delivery unit. Problem does not show on duplex copy, 2 to 2. Replaced fuser Drive Unit, delivery unit and fuser unit with working 623 in another room. No change. Lead edge of paper is not impeded. Lead edge half inch past nip of delivery unit rollers. I think it could be a trailing Edge sensor slow to respond it radically, causing the machine to time out. I appreciate any help.
    Disable jam sense in sim 7 - if it doesn't jam, you have a sensor issue; if it still jams, you have a mechanical trouble.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If it were a sensor slow to react before the fuser it would show as a stationary jam on your 22-6. You have indicated that it is a POD1_N jam. This would lead me to believe that it is a mechanical, not a sensor issue.

Hi,

Did you find out what the issue with your machine is?
    I have the exact same issue on a MX-M654N, have changed fuser, fuser drive motor and gear and the PCU PWB Card, without fixing the issue

Technician

Fellas, thank you for your replies. Yesterday, we disabled misfeed detection. still experienced jams just past the fuser. appears Transport roller 16 is not rotating . since we have changed the fuser drive unit, we will check input and outputs of the POM1 circuit. As another team member was checking for loose connections yesterday by unplugging and replugging connections, it appears that he is continuing to receive pod1N jams, BUT now misfeeds going around transfer unit. Will advise as soon as I arrive this morning.

Hi,

Tulsa i just discovered the issue on my machine, there may be a high voltage leakage on the MC unit on ur machine.
    Models: MX-M654N/MX-M754N
    Priority Medium
    Date: December 2015
    Subject: L4-03 Error Code, POD1_N Jam Code
    Symptom: L4-03 Error Code or POD1_N Jam Code is displayed intermittently.
    Cause: A high-voltage leak in the Main Charge Corona Unit.
    Solution: Inspect the Main Charge Corona Unit to be sure it is clean and the grid is installed properly. Check for possible damage or arcing at the MC Holders and High Voltage Terminal. If necessary replace the MC Unit.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Technician

The fuser drive pack needs to be replaced, start looking for that on any machine with a lot of copies