Technician

Sharp MX-3070 Fax RX problems

I have always tried to make sure customer has a dedicated line in to fax, but this particular account has 2 numbers coming over one line with the fax line being a Distinctive ring. The MFP TX's just fine, but will not answer the distinct ring. I tried all the ring patterns in the fax settings. None will allow the MFP to pickup the line. Is there something I am missing?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts DAKOTADAN's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX-3070 Fax RX problems

[QUOTE=bullet34;559202]I have always tried to make sure customer has a dedicated line in to fax, but this particular account has 2 numbers coming over one line with the fax line being a Distinctive ring. The MFP TX's just fine, but will not answer the distinct ring. I tried all the ring patterns in the fax settings. None will allow the MFP to pickup the line. Is there something I am missing?
    Have you turned on the distinct ring function in the system, image send, fax send settings, then find out what distinct ring setting the phone co. assigned you, and set that. Good luck.

Technician

Re: Sharp MX-3070 Fax RX problems

UPDATE: Problem fixed. Was due to call waiting features and also a filter on the line.