Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MX-M310

Techz

MX-M310

I am having to remove a HD for my client so that their IT dept. can wipe the Hard Drive.

Needing a little help as I don't work on some of the older Sharps on a regular basis to be familiar with them.

Would anyone know where they are located and how to remove them. I have the entire back of the machine removed and the main board is exposed. I thought I could figure it out via process of elimination, but not luck.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    MX-M310

Re: MX-M310

Quote Originally Posted by Techz View Post
    I am having to remove a HD for my client so that their IT dept. can wipe the Hard Drive.

Needing a little help as I don't work on some of the older Sharps on a regular basis to be familiar with them.

Would anyone know where they are located and how to remove them. I have the entire back of the machine removed and the main board is exposed. I thought I could figure it out via process of elimination, but not luck.
    I don't believe that machine came with a standard HDD (maybe as an option). Check 22-10 to see if HDD is installed.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

No HDD in that model.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Techz View Post

If it say prints as one of the tabs on the top screen then it has no HDD, if it says document filing then there is an HDD. Take off your back panel and it is on the right hand side of machine. If I remember correctly it is hidden on the backside of panel but you should be able to see the red HDD cable and follow it, It is really not bad at all to remove.