Thread: very urgent

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

very urgent

From my picture,this is what i have done.
    1.Change charge
    2.i found out that there was lots of toner on the drum and primary transfer belt.
    3.primary transfer belt is okay.
    What do you advice please?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    very urgent

Re: very urgent

The model # would help!

Generally speaking quality issues like this usually are the drum or transfer belt is bad. One or both of these need to be replaced.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by copyman:562985
    The model # would help!

Generally speaking quality issues like this usually are the drum or transfer belt is bad. One or both of these need to be replaced.
    the model is mx3500n

Technician

Please provide more information for the forum to suggest solutions. Are you a technician or user? Can you identify the age and usage of the consumable and maintenance parts for your mx3500? By your description, "toner on the drum", I would assume the PCU parts are worn out but without simulation 22-6 data I can't recommend a fix. If you're a user, there's more involved than just swapping a PCU. It's like taking your car in for transmission service, you can change the fluid yourself but with today's technology there are procedures to follow. Not trying to blow smoke and cost you money but that's just the facts.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niceville318:562998
    Please provide more information for the forum to suggest solutions. Are you a technician or user? Can you identify the age and usage of the consumable and maintenance parts for your mx3500? By your description, "toner on the drum", I would assume the PCU parts are worn out but without simulation 22-6 data I can't recommend a fix. If you're a user, there's more involved than just swapping a PCU. It's like taking your car in for transmission service, you can change the fluid yourself but with today's technology there are procedures to follow. Not trying to blow smoke and cost you money but that's just the facts.
    I am a tech please.i will check with sim22 sub 6.anyway thanks for your reply.i am glad

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Do a print stop test.

Stop the print forcefully and check the drum. Is your print ok and free of defects on the drum surface? (Personally I think it's your Drum and blade and I would do a full black PM on it).
    If the printout is in tact on the drum surface, how does it look on the belt? Did it transfer to the belt without any defects? Turn the belt. Is it cleaning?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    Do a print stop test.

Stop the print forcefully and check the drum. Is your print ok and free of defects on the drum surface? (Personally I think it's your Drum and blade and I would do a full black PM on it).
    If the printout is in tact on the drum surface, how does it look on the belt? Did it transfer to the belt without any defects? Turn the belt. Is it cleaning?
    any problems like that where the copy looks like that I would say that would be your laser unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    very urgent

Those are digital lines...LSU.
    The Moose is loose!!