Thread: customer

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

customer

Is it nice to be friends with your customers or client.and why?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: customer

Quote Originally Posted by GREATMAN View Post
    Networking with clients is always a positive. It has its drawbacks if your service is terrible. But, if you are confident in your machines, your employees and quality of service, networking can be very profitable.

An example. My company got a call for a repair of a small printer. They had copy machines but they were from a large Xerox company. I befriended the manager, they loved the service from my company, response time was 4 hours, and when I said the printer needs parts, he thought I would be back in two weeks. He was used to this from the large company. I told him 2 days, with overnight shipping. He was surprised and after their contract was over, he bought new machines from us.

Another example is we befriended an IT guy, even have lunch with him, and when some of his clients finish their contracts, he mentions our company. We have had many leads through him. So we make the effort to send him Christmas cards, and other holiday cards.

Sometimes we do favors, and give free service for random things like... This end user wanted to put the email server settings on her iPhone, we did that for free. Or this other user wanted help with Excel, this other client wanted to get rid of a virus from the computer, so we installed Malwarebytes.

I don't know if I answered your question, but sometimes it's profitable to network with your end-users.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JLSam:563058
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATMAN View Post
    Networking with clients is always a positive. It has its drawbacks if your service is terrible. But, if you are confident in your machines, your employees and quality of service, networking can be very profitable.

An example. My company got a call for a repair of a small printer. They had copy machines but they were from a large Xerox company. I befriended the manager, they loved the service from my company, response time was 4 hours, and when I said the printer needs parts, he thought I would be back in two weeks. He was used to this from the large company. I told him 2 days, with overnight shipping. He was surprised and after their contract was over, he bought new machines from us.

Another example is we befriended an IT guy, even have lunch with him, and when some of his clients finish their contracts, he mentions our company. We have had many leads through him. So we make the effort to send him Christmas cards, and other holiday cards.

Sometimes we do favors, and give free service for random things like... This end user wanted to put the email server settings on her iPhone, we did that for free. Or this other user wanted help with Excel, this other client wanted to get rid of a virus from the computer, so we installed Malwarebytes.

I don't know if I answered your question, but sometimes it's profitable to network with your end-users

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    nice one

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    customer

well it all depends on WHAT the "friend" wants.. yes help them out .. show them that you are sympathetic to their issues...

depending on the client I just might give them my company cell phone.. but be careful some will abuse that.

and for god's sake .. DO NOT make them FWB's ( friends with benefits ) had a tech years ago that started sleeping with one of the office hotties... got himself and the company in DEEP HOT WATER.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    well it all depends on WHAT the "friend" wants.. yes help them out .. show them that you are sympathetic to their issues...

depending on the client I just might give them my company cell phone.. but be careful some will abuse that.

and for god's sake .. DO NOT make them FWB's ( friends with benefits ) had a tech years ago that started sleeping with one of the office hotties... got himself and the company in DEEP HOT WATER.
    LOL......been there done that!!!