Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-5001N freezing up issues

I have a MX-5001n that freezes up sporadically when receiving a print job, during power down sequence or during warm up sequence (out of power save or from a cold power up) but it is not consistent. I have run a sim 60 (SDRAM test) and 62(HDD test) and all came back ok. Firmware is the latest, power save and pre heat modes are at least 45 min apart, I have removed all the rom chips from the MFP board and cleaned the contact, formatted HDD.

I'm not sure what to next besides replace the HDD or the MFP CNT Board. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX-5001N freezing up issues

I have had good results by changing a setting to Fast Wakeup. Start by going into the energy save mode, then to power management setting, then to the sleep mode power and changing it to fast wakeup.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    I have had good results by changing a setting to Fast Wakeup. Start by going into the energy save mode, then to power management setting, then to the sleep mode power and changing it to fast wakeup.
    We have also had problems with machines not in fast wakeup, I have also noticed that the checkbox after remote job is finished, not sure what the rest says but is the second checkbox right below preheat time.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Did you try replacing the network cable?

Try this next if the fast wake-up mode does not resolve your problem. You want to eliminate network issues

Run a constant ping through command prompt to make sure packets are not dropping. Just Type "-t" after the IP address to run the ping continuously or " -n x", replacing x with the desired number of packets to be sent. After each packet, you will see the ping result for the packet, which will either time out or display a response showing the packet size and time, in milliseconds, to reach the destination.

Technician

As weird as it may seem, I've seen very similar issues on several different models being caused by a paper clip on or under the SPF control board. It's to the point where it's the first thing I check when I have a machine with any weird power issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by what_moustache View Post
    As weird as it may seem, I've seen very similar issues on several different models being caused by a paper clip on or under the SPF control board. It's to the point where it's the first thing I check when I have a machine with any weird power issues.

I have never seen this but, thanks for the tip I'll keep it in mind.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by what_moustache View Post
    I have seen this a few times also. Had a few U5-00 codes on a machine 2 weeks ago; opened up the ADF and there were 2 paper clips on the pwb. That cover is pretty snugg and I can't figure out how they get in there.

On a side note; is it just me, but why do MFP manufacturers build in paper clip trays on op panels....?
    Why not put a nice White Out dispenser above the doc feeder or a handy hot glue gun feature next to the paper trays.
    Poor engineering = job security.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

"Poor engineering = job security."

I am thankful for a career that this quote defines who I am, and how I survived.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    "Poor engineering = job security."

I am thankful for a career that this quote defines who I am, and how I survived.
    Prime example was the AR-M350 through MX-M450 document feeders.... the things would double feed right out of the box and to top it off the re-engineered parts designed to resolve the issue didn't seem to make any difference.

Technician

The Preheat time should be set to a different value then the auto power shut off time.