Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: f2-41

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

f2-41

I have a sharp copier mx-5140 which after powering on displays "call for service f2-41. Help resolve this problem.

Technician

Re: f2-41

Have a look at the Cyan developer unit. I've had these codes in the past where the machine has dumped the developer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    I have a sharp copier mx-5140 which after powering on displays "call for service f2-41. Help resolve this problem.
    Try to check first the CYAN toner maybe the toner is dried up try to rotate the gears.Try also to replace a new toner...

I see these F2 codes usually when generic toner is used after a SHARP brand toner was used prior. "F2-40 BK, F2-41 Cyan, F2-42, Magenta, F2-43 Yellow. " Bring spare color DV with you and if you can't clear the code replace the DV and install a new toner. The toner density sensor could be bad but usually in my experience it's not the most common. Good luck.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    f2-41

Quote Originally Posted by Jkearbey View Post
    I see these F2 codes usually when generic toner is used after a SHARP brand toner was used prior. "F2-40 BK, F2-41 Cyan, F2-42, Magenta, F2-43 Yellow. " Bring spare color DV with you and if you can't clear the code replace the DV and install a new toner. The toner density sensor could be bad but usually in my experience it's not the most common. Good luck.
    Run 25-1 without toners installed, if cyan is overtoned, disable toner sense, and run cyan sky shots. When 25-1 is within range, run 25-2 for cyan only (without toners installed), and recalibrate.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    1. check to make sure that toner density sensor on dv box is clean and not cracked, replace if neccassary. 2. Check to make sure that drum is not scratched from either drum seals out of place or dv box side seals out of place. If either one or two has happened you will not only have to replace dv but all three dv's and drums. Dv will usually puul from drum being scratched so check drum first. regardless if you change one color you have to change them all.