Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Re: Coin Op Capability

[QUOTE=gregoryrbrts;564353]
    Quote Originally Posted by gregoryrbrts View Post
    Unfortunately I do not know the vendors name but the coin op is an ACDI.[/QU

I'm not sure why ACDI would tell you that, from my understanding all the coin op does is unlock the machine so it can be used. I would think any option would work including fax and email.
    The Coin Op they have is an ACDI. EX2000B.

Technician

[QUOTE=oeshuron;564354]

The Coin Op they have is an ACDI. EX2000B.

The age of that particular may be your downfall because it may not be compatible with the updated software of that particular model. The newer model is what we used, that is the only thing that may prevent you from doing that. Have one of your sales reps sell them a new coin op lol.

[QUOTE=gregoryrbrts;564355]
    Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post

The age of that particular may be your downfall because it may not be compatible with the updated software of that particular model. The newer model is what we used, that is the only thing that may prevent you from doing that. Have one of your sales reps sell them a new coin op lol.
    Can you tell me if you were using some kind of print software? Another ACDI rep just stated they can not charge at the coin op for fax/scan on Sharps even with different coin op so I am confused.

Technician

[QUOTE=oeshuron;564357]

Can you tell me if you were using some kind of print software? Another ACDI rep just stated they can not charge at the coin op for fax/scan on Sharps even with different coin op so I am confused.

So I asked for some more info and here is what I found out. It charges based on paper coming out of machine and charges can only be set up for different sized paper. So here is my thought, for email, unfortunately it might not work but for faxes, my thinking is if you turn on fax confirmation for every fax it should be able to charge them and then you would just charge faxes at the 11X17 paper size.

[QUOTE=gregoryrbrts;564366]
    Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post

So I asked for some more info and here is what I found out. It charges based on paper coming out of machine and charges can only be set up for different sized paper. So here is my thought, for email, unfortunately it might not work but for faxes, my thinking is if you turn on fax confirmation for every fax it should be able to charge them and then you would just charge faxes at the 11X17 paper size.
    Ok. That sounds like what I've been told. Thanks for getting back to me.