Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Coin Op Capability

Local library is looking to replace a Panasonic w/Coin Op we sold them awhile back. Looking at selling an MX-4070n but was wondering if anyone has successfully setup a coin op with fax or email capability. Any experience with this from fellow techs?

FYI: Jamex just informed me this was not possible with Sharp?
    Last edited by oeshuron; 05-23-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Technician

Re: Coin Op Capability

Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Local library is looking to replace a Panasonic w/Coin Op we sold them awhile back. Looking at selling an MX-4070n but was wondering if anyone has successfully setup a coin op with fax or email capability. Any experience with this from fellow techs?

This is possible as my dealership just recently set one up for that. Details I do not know because another tech did the setup but do know it is possible. It was on a mx5070

Technician

It is possible to set machine up with coin op capabilities, I know this because my dealership just recently set one up. Details I do not know because I was not the tech that set it up but do know that it is possible. Machine we set it up on was a mx5070

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryrbrts View Post
    It is possible to set machine up with coin op capabilities, I know this because my dealership just recently set one up. Details I do not know because I was not the tech that set it up but do know that it is possible. Machine we set it up on was a mx5070
    I know Sharp offers the vendor harness kit. I am trying to find out if these new machines have fax/email with coin op capability. Is that part of the functionality that was used? I was told by one company they do not. Awaiting a response from a couple others.

Technician

I know Sharp offers the vendor harness kit. I am trying to find out if these new machines have fax/email with coin op capability. Is that part of the functionality that was used? I was told by one company they do not. Awaiting a response from a couple others.
    I believe the same capabilities that allow you to make copies with the coin op will also allow you to do fax and email. I will look into this for you but unfortunately the tech that set it up is out until tomorrow on a nice little 6 day weekend. The harness kit is what we used also, I will find out what vendor we used for the coin op.

Am more than willing to wait to hear what you can find out. Thanks for checking on it!

Technician

so I found out some info for you. with the harness kit it should be no problem hooking up the coin op, the only downfall with the older coin op it may not be compatible with the new machine. We bought a new coin op for the machine that was setup. After you hook it up with the harness kit you will have to go into sim 26 to set up the vendor coin op with the right pins which will be the hardest. The only downfall you might have is with there current coin op and incompatibility. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Yes also you can use it for fax and email because like user authentication the coin op just unlocks the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryrbrts View Post
    so I found out some info for you. with the harness kit it should be no problem hooking up the coin op, the only downfall with the older coin op it may not be compatible with the new machine. We bought a new coin op for the machine that was setup. After you hook it up with the harness kit you will have to go into sim 26 to set up the vendor coin op with the right pins which will be the hardest. The only downfall you might have is with there current coin op and incompatibility. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Yes also you can use it for fax and email because like user authentication the coin op just unlocks the machine.
    I have been told by Vendapin and ACDI that the machine will not charge for fax/scan. Were you able to confirm which coin op you were able to use with the MX-5070N and have it do so?

Technician

I have been told by Vendapin and ACDI that the machine will not charge for fax/scan. Were you able to confirm which coin op you were able to use with the MX-5070N and have it do so?
    Unfortunately I do not know the vendors name but the coin op is an ACDI.

Technician

[QUOTE=gregoryrbrts;564352]Unfortunately I do not know the vendors name but the coin op is an ACDI.[/QU

I'm not sure why ACDI would tell you that, from my understanding all the coin op does is unlock the machine so it can be used. I would think any option would work including fax and email.