Thread: sharp 503n

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

sharp 503n

Have a odd problem with a mx503n.The log report shows TRAY1 jams.Ihave installed a new paper feed unit as well as the paper feed drive unit.I have disable tray 1 and let them tray2 as the main tray.I don't have any jams out of tray 2.I have placed a ticket with Sharp.They suggest lube bearings.The problem with that is that the paper feed unit as well as the paper feed drive unit are new.Just wondering if anyone else ever saw this.And I haven't seen it jam while I am there.thanks in advance for any suggestions.copy count is 500k.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    sharp 503n

Re: sharp 503n

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    Have a odd problem with a mx503n.The log report shows TRAY1 jams.Ihave installed a new paper feed unit as well as the paper feed drive unit.I have disable tray 1 and let them tray2 as the main tray.I don't have any jams out of tray 2.I have placed a ticket with Sharp.They suggest lube bearings.The problem with that is that the paper feed unit as well as the paper feed drive unit are new.Just wondering if anyone else ever saw this.And I haven't seen it jam while I am there.thanks in advance for any suggestions.copy count is 500k.
    Nothing comes to mind, those machines will run 500k like it's nothing. Tray lift issues maybe.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    sharp 503n

I agree, try and replace the Paper tray 1 lift box. Jam issues on these are rare to say the least. I have a 503 out there with over 2 million and it has jammed about 5 times, thats how good they are. good luck
    When I started servicing copiers they used toaster ovens for fusers.....I'm old

Technician

Hi check the little mylar guide on the paper tray sometimes that can get a tiny bit distorted and cause paper jams

Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

What are the jam codes? How far does the paper get?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    sharp 503n

You might try replacing the LED sensor below the PS rollers. If it doesn't see paper getting there it may signal a TRAY1 jam.
    The Moose is loose!!