Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation sharp mx-m264 nv stucked

hello,

I have sharp mx-m264 nv problem, when i power switch on, the machine, machine graphic display is stop/stucked, i try to many times to switch off/on , but the problem is still there. is there any solution to help me out.

thank you

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    sharp  mx-m264 nv stucked

Re: sharp mx-m264 nv stucked

Stopped where? Twirling stars, "Please Wait" message. It may be your SD card. If you have another machine, you can swap out to test.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

replace the sd card. dont swap from another machine....it caries serial info on it and you can corrupt the card from the second machine and cause 2 down machines if you swap.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

I just copied a good SD card from a working machine to a new cheap sandisk SD card and it worked fine. Addresses and network settings are copied to new card but that's easy to change once the machine is back up. Don't know why sharp thought it was a good idea to use a SD card as a hard drive. Even after they changed the card 3 times in manufacturing they still fail!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ntbann View Post
    I just copied a good SD card from a working machine to a new cheap sandisk SD card and it worked fine. Addresses and network settings are copied to new card but that's easy to change once the machine is back up. Don't know why sharp thought it was a good idea to use a SD card as a hard drive. Even after they changed the card 3 times in manufacturing they still fail!
    I made images of all the replacement sd cards from sharp and do that now on all my machines. Sharp used sd because they're cheap and to eliminate mechanical failure. They never considered read write endurance of the cards they purchased.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by yasinzaeem View Post
    hello,

I have sharp mx-m264 nv problem, when i power switch on, the machine, machine graphic display is stop/stucked, i try to many times to switch off/on , but the problem is still there. is there any solution to help me out.

thank you
    The problem is your SD card, according to the service manual you are supposed to back up the data but don't because then you will backing up corrupted data. Once you replace it the machine should come right back up. Make sure when you order the card to make sure if it has a hard drive or not because there is a difference in the SD card because it is preloaded with firmware. Also make sure that you reflash the firmwarer after the card is installed.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    sharp  mx-m264 nv stucked

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryrbrts View Post
    The problem is your SD card, according to the service manual you are supposed to back up the data but don't because then you will backing up corrupted data. Once you replace it the machine should come right back up. Make sure when you order the card to make sure if it has a hard drive or not because there is a difference in the SD card because it is preloaded with firmware. Also make sure that you reflash the firmwarer after the card is installed.
    I have had issues with SD Cards on the MXM264, having the black screen. One time, before actually replacing the card with another I had an epiphany. Don't know what caused me to try this, but I took back of machine off, got to the SD Card, with the machine off, Pulled SD Card out, turned on the machine, turned off machine, inserted SD Card, turned machine back on, and everything worked fine. It only took a few hundred dollars to figure this out.

My issue was the Plug Power Outlet - not good a lot of Browns and this machine does not like Browns. Shut-off and Sleep Modes need to be Staggered or you can have SD Card issues. But if you have continued issues, it probably is NOT the Copier but the electrical outlet. Steady Power with the New Sharp Copier Line is very important. Hope this is a help.

Another issue I actually caused was when I accidently shut machine off while I was exiting SIMMS. It screwed up the SD Card in a MXM365, so much so, I had to replace the Card at my cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ntbann View Post

thanks for your post please tell me how to copy the sdcard, i have 2 Sharp MX-M264NV machines 1 machine sd card is not working, mashine is stucked on startup when the stars twirilling, i take the SD CARD from other machine, put the stucked machine, and start it, machine is working perfectly, after that i try to SD card but whenever i put the SD card in Card Reader and connect with the computer, the message is appeared, "FORMAT THE SD CARD"

PLEASE HELP ME HOW I COPY THE CARD.

THANKS
    WAITING FOR REPLY
    zAEEM

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

You can use this free program to read/write SD and mSATA cards....
    HDDRawCopy1.02Portable

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    You can use this free program to read/write SD and mSATA cards....
    HDDRawCopy1.02Portable

Hello dear,

thank you very much i copied the card, i have another problem. i changed the network setting, but the SCANNER 'ADDRESS BOOK' i can't delete it, please help me how i delete the old ADDRESS BOOK, and also pls help me how i REFLASH THE MACHINE.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH