Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

ADD STAPLES / staples already loaded...

MX-3050 with MX-FN29 saddle-stitch finisher...27k total copies on machine...348 on the stapler...2283 on the saddle stapler... After the customer replaced the staples, the machine stapled a few booklets and then the machine displayed the "Add Staples" message...there were still plenty of staples left on the sheet that was feeding...if you set the staples to begin feeding a fresh sheet, it will work for a while but before that first sheet if thru feeding, you will get the message again...it happens with single staple or booklet... has anyone encountered this problem before?

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    ADD STAPLES / staples already loaded...

Re: ADD STAPLES / staples already loaded...

Quote Originally Posted by dwarf View Post
    MX-3050 with MX-FN29 saddle-stitch finisher...27k total copies on machine...348 on the stapler...2283 on the saddle stapler... After the customer replaced the staples, the machine stapled a few booklets and then the machine displayed the "Add Staples" message...there were still plenty of staples left on the sheet that was feeding...if you set the staples to begin feeding a fresh sheet, it will work for a while but before that first sheet if thru feeding, you will get the message again...it happens with single staple or booklet... has anyone encountered this problem before?
    Your cartridge is bad or the replacement staples were loaded wrong.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Re: ADD STAPLES / staples already loaded...

I have not had this problem on your model finisher but in the past I have had MX-FN10 saddle stitch finishers display the "add staple" message when staples are inserted and full. On two occasions the black plastic switch that sits above the staple cartridge detect mirco switch was knocked off. It is verysmall and has a metal flange under it which depresses on the micro switch when the customer inserts a cartridge. On one call I was able to find the black plastic switch and re seat it inside its holder and the other time the metal flange was bent beyond repair and I had to replace the entire saddle stitch unit. This may or may not be your problem but its something i have seen before.

Also check for bent and mangled jammed staples any where inside the finisher which can cause a short in the circuit. This can cause weird issues but usually not intermittent ones. Hope this helps and good luck.