Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: Very Sporadic pinging

I tried ports on the copier does anyone have any ideas what we could do setting wise on the switches?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mystic98802 View Post
    Attachment 36842

I have a hospital with 20 sharps like MX-M465 or MX2640n The machines were all put in with no issues new a couple years ago. All of a sudden now a couple weeks ago I start having issues on all of the machines some more then others. Basically lots of jobs are getting stuck in print ques, I am having issue with Twain scanning dropping, one machine will have the print jobs disappear only to come out hours later or to come out once you have restarted the copier. My sharp service rep, and the tach line are not being much help because this is a network issue, but I need to know what may have changed so I can offer suggestions to the IT guys.

I hooked my laptop up to the Copiers cat5 cable and then issued my laptop the IP address that that copier was on and then issued a ping from one of the workstations and all the pings are <1ms all of the copier have these crazy pings though, sometimes over 1k ms for long blocks in a row.

I have tried disabling the normal unused ports, My next step is to try using the soft switches to change the link speed, does anyone have any experience with that? My customer is two hours away so I want to have as many ideas as possible before I head out next week.

Link lights on the machine is Solid green and Blinking Amber

Here are a couple of things to try. Try switching simulation 55-3 bit 6 switch 1 to 1, if it is already switched to that turn it back to 0. Also try turning off WSD under the network port settings. We have had issues with printing with WSD turned on. The new machines come standard with it off but the older machines do not. Also every time you blow out the nic it will revert back to being on. Other than that I would say that something has changed on your network, possibly even your drivers dying.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I've had a few customers print with half installed windows updates which would lock the printer up and send the pings crazy.

In one particular site it was easily traced to one computer as he had printed to four copiers and locked them all up.

Food for thought.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryrbrts View Post
    Here are a couple of things to try. Try switching simulation 55-3 bit 6 switch 1 to 1, if it is already switched to that turn it back to 0. Also try turning off WSD under the network port settings. We have had issues with printing with WSD turned on. The new machines come standard with it off but the older machines do not. Also every time you blow out the nic it will revert back to being on. Other than that I would say that something has changed on your network, possibly even your drivers dying.
    We have tried changing WSD we also used the switches to adjust the speed down to 100Mbps. I have my customers IT doing a packet capture so that we can pass that on to Sharp.

I still haven't gone on site yet, But when I do I will try that soft switch.

Check to see if the following Microsoft updates were installed around the time the problem started.
    Server 2008 R2
    KB3161608
    KB3172605

For Server 2012
    KB3161606
    KB3172614

If so get them to uninstall them.

Technician

I will check this thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Check to see if the following Microsoft updates were installed around the time the problem started.
    Server 2008 R2
    KB3161608
    KB3172605

For Server 2012
    KB3161606
    KB3172614

If so get them to uninstall them.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi A few years ago we had problem almost the same mx-2614n machines with Cisco switches.It seems the network chipset of that model has a problem with Cisco switches that can sometimes cause that fault. Sharp could not give us a solution that worked.We ended up changing to mx-3050 printers I am sorry that proberly does not help but maybe help with the fault but where to look for a solution.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Try setting the NIC rate to simplex instead of duplex and manually set the speed, even if it is picking up a gig circuit. Check the structured cabling as well that they are not using copper clad aluminium cables too, as they fail frequently and are known points of failure