Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ilovecopiers

OSA Product key request

Hi all
    First post here, I've just found the site. I don't think I'm breaking any rules (I did read them!) but please point it out if I am.

Problem:
    Customer purchased a sharp MX-2610N without consulting anyone technical and now wants it to work with their existing Papercut setup.

Disclaimer - I am not a copier expert. I have gained lots of experience with them over the years, but my main role is as a technical consultant around computer networks and servers. I have had to put up with the pain of installing pretty much every manufacturers poorly written software (or at least, the installers for the software) and copiers in general drive me crazy from a UI and UX point of view.

With that out of the way, we set out to help the customer in any way we could. After an hour or two of research I had found that the OSA accounting module can be purchased and installed on the copier somehow. I purchased MX-AMX3 and the CD and manual with 'application number' turned up a few days later. I tried entering this number within the 'Product Key' section of the copier, but of course nothing is that easy. I discovered that I need to feed in the application number & machine serial number to the sharp product key request system website in order to generate a product key. This is the last bit of the puzzle that I am unable to do, presumably because we are not registered with Sharp (and I have no desire to be as I don't think I'll be doing this again in a hurry).

Can I please request someone's services through this site? We are more than happy to pay a reasonable fee to cover your admin time in producing the key for us.

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with this kind of post? I have obtained the MX-AMX3 through perfectly legal channels.

If nobody is able to help me directly, please could you suggest the correct route to take?

Thank you

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    OSA Product key request

Re: OSA Product key request

I think you are taking the correct route, and hopefully, someone there will help you out by contacting Sharp on your behalf.
    As a authorized dealer, I would get the product key for a customer that bought a lot of parts/supplies from us.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --