MX-4111N getting an F2-43 error after a developer change

Ok, like the title says I have an MX-4111N that threw a F2-43 code after another tech had changed the color developers. I have checked to make sure the toner motor is delivering yellow to the dev unit, and it is. I replaced the yellow developer unit and put new developer in it myself and of course I tried a new toner cartridge as well. Sharp tech support suggested replacing the CRUM chip, which is actually the harness that reads the CRUM chip on the toner cartridge, and the PCU PWB. I overnighted the parts but I had an urgent dental appointment when the parts came in so another tech took the parts out there and I am told he installed them but the story gets a little confusing at this point as to what happened. Currently I showed up this morning to find out that the machine is still throwing the same code and it is waiting for me in the warehouse. This is my first attempt at solving such a problem through a forum and I am hoping that someone will have great ideas for me to try.

Re: MX-4111N getting an F2-43 error after a developer change

After installing the developer did you run sim 25-2 with the toner cartridges out of the machine?

If this was dine right and the cable for the developer unit was replaced then PCU PWB.

What was the value of SIM25-2? If you got a fault like EE-EL, then you have a faulty ATC sensor.

Field Service Engineer 50+ Posts harps05's Avatar

I had similar problem on a MX5111. Except mine was a F2-42, relating to the Magenta Toner density after changing the Magenta dev. Tried everything, changed parts ordered whole new dev unit, sensors etc. Went as far as pulling the machine out and giving them a loaner. Got theirs back to the workshop, tried more things but no luck.

Tried an auto dev adjustment TWICE (one after the other) and bang, hasn't stopped since.
    Last edited by harps05; 07-19-2017 at 02:18 AM. Reason: grammar

Sorry for the delayed response guys, I am the only imaging tech in our office right now, one is training and one is out for health reasons. I had to replace the PCU PWB then run SIM 25-2 again and it worked.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

With sharp colour machine you should always run 25-02 twice to get proper setting. Also helps to run 25-01 first to stir the dev as in the packet dev and toner seperate out.
    Also when coming out of simulation after running 25-02 mode the machine will get ready let the machine stand for about 5 minutes the machine will do toner replenishment if this is disturbed can also cause dev errors.hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk