Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    slusser08

MX 4070 3570 Trouble with Auto Config. and Custom Folders Syncing with Windows 10

I have a customer using Custom Folders to print all there Documents to on there Sharp MX-4070. It is classified type material being printed, so everyone in the office has there own custom folder with there own password. Then when they go to print the print driver syncs with copier and pulls all the custom folders and they choose the one they want from the list synced from the copier. Then they type in a password and send document and then go to copier and go to folder and put in password and print there documents. This has been working great until thy got a new windows 10 computer and this sync process would not work and if they type in the custom folder it does not seem to work either. They were printing off server so I tried moving driver to local pc and still same but noticed the "Auto configuration" would also not work on local windows 10. At that point I tried updating firmware on machine but still didn't change anything.

"The configuration setting could not be updated automatically"

At that point I assumed there was some sort of communication problem between computer and pc so I brought in a laptop with windows 10 and hooked up to copier via crossover cable and tried to add copier locally and same thing will not auto configure. Turned off all firewalls and no AV and still the Auto Configure will not work. Brought this to another location (same company) with a MX-3570 and hooked up via crossover cable and same thing every time I get

"The configuration setting could not be updated automatically"

So at this point I am wondering if the "auto configuration" does not work on any windows 10 machines or if it is some protocol is turned on/off on machine blocking it but if it is why does it work fine on windows 7 machines?

Re: MX 4070 3570 Trouble with Auto Config. and Custom Folders Syncing with Windows 10

Have never set this up myself, but my first instinct is to check is SNMP is installed (it isn't by default on Windows 10), in Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Simple Network Management Protocol.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: MX 4070 3570 Trouble with Auto Config. and Custom Folders Syncing with Windows 10

I have not noticed any issues with Windows 10 and Auto Config. I have noticed quite a few glitches with the new version 6 firmware. No blue links in webpage to change paper trays, device control paper weight setting missing form webpage, and connections issues with wifi. I also had one last week in which I could ping the machine and navigate the web page, but, I could not get it to install the print driver. After tweaking several things and different drivers, I decided to dump print memory with SIM 67-17. After the memory dump, the machine starting running like a racehorse and all functions have worked properly ever since. Just be sure to back everything up as 67-17 will dump several network settings.
    If using WSD ports, scrap them and go to TCP/IP ports, set port to LPR, name the queue, and turn on byte counting.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    MX 4070 3570 Trouble with Auto Config. and Custom Folders Syncing with Windows 10

I'm not up to the latest versions of MS, but I always found disabling WSD has corrected many problems.
    Thank you, Mojo aka WAZZA 3
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You need to make sure that in Security Settings->Port Control that HTTP is enabled in the Server Port section. The copier uses HTTP to get both the list of Custom Folders as well as the copier attributes for Auto-Configuration.

If that is enabled, I'd check with a laptop hooked up directly to the copier. If that works, yet it doesn't work through the customer's network, then talk to their IT about firewall issues.