Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MX-4141N guidance

I am normally a Canon guy but I have a customer that has two mx-4141 under contract with me. One has over 400K and other than a couple of drums and a web I haven't done much to it. I have to clean the edge of the fuser film yesterday so I think it's on borrowed time. Can someone provide what I should be doing to this copier considering the mileage and cost to me. Is the fuser something that can be rebuilt and if so any instructions I could get. What about the transfer belt? Can a new belt be put on or better off replacing the whole unit?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Re: MX-4141N guidance

The answer to every question you ask is in the service manual.

Lightbulb Re: MX-4141N guidance

The fusing belt needs replacement, MX-361FB/MX-510FB, you will need the service manual for the replacement procedure. Also, the Primary transfer belt and blade just needs to be replaced not the unit, you will need the belt and blade together, Mx-510TL and Mx-510B1, be sure to clean the rubber and metal rollers in PTB before putting new belt on. Also, make sure the drums aren't missing material and the charges look good, check the copy quality. Replace bald tires in trays and DF and clean good tires, tray, reg roller, duplex, etc.. and don't forget to clean the optics, very important.
    Last edited by J THUGGA; 07-21-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by harleyrider View Post
    The answer to every question you ask is in the service manual.
    I went to page 423-425 but it doesn't show how to take out the fuser roller or film. Am I looking in the wrong section?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-4141N guidance

The fuser is removed with a couple screws. The belt replacement is a royal pain. If you can, replace the fuser as a whole especially since you're near 500k. I have replaced belts and webs only to have the damn thing make noises afterwards. The belt replacement is in the manual, I can't confirm the pages at the moment.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    The fuser is removed with a couple screws. The belt replacement is a royal pain. If you can, replace the fuser as a whole especially since you're near 500k. I have replaced belts and webs only to have the damn thing make noises afterwards. The belt replacement is in the manual, I can't confirm the pages at the moment.
    I have changed the web and it is a pain. Any dealers that would sell a fuser assly for a reasonable price?

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    MX-4141N guidance

My advice would be to team up with an independent Sharp tech whom you could share your knowledge of Canon when they might need it, and vice versa. (It takes a village)
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-4141N guidance

At the shop I work at we cant replace entire assemblys, we have to rebuild them. Transfer belt is real easy, the fuser takes 45 minutes and longer when first figuring out how to do it. I dont find sharp manuals very good for showing how to disassemble.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Fuser maintenance starts on section 9-4 in the service manual.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-4141N guidance

Make sure that when a drum is replaced you are also rebuilding the PCU. Part #'s are drum - MX31NRSA, and charge kit is MX510MK. If you just do the drum you will have problems prematurely down the road.
    The Moose is loose!!