Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MX 4070 No Display

Have you tryed the sd card or ssd card as it sounds like the booting is not completing properly.

Sent from my Samsung A5 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX 4070 No Display

Quote Originally Posted by Craigcul View Post
    Have you tryed the sd card or ssd card as it sounds like the booting is not completing properly.

Sent from my Samsung A5 using Tapatalk

I have tried the mSATA (this is in place of an SD card), LVDS PWB, SCU PWB, wire harness (from SCU PWB to display panel) and different display with no luck yet.
    The Moose is loose!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi i have just found this technical report about the lcd connector changed is this possibleCCE1729.pdf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX 4070 No Display

Quote Originally Posted by Craigcul View Post
    Hi i have just found this technical report about the lcd connector changed is this possibleCCE1729.pdf
    Been replaced...but thanks anyway!
    The Moose is loose!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX 4070 No Display

Finally after all this time I have found the problem! It was a bad display screen wire harness (connector). It is the cable that goes into CN3 on the LVDS PWB. In a nutshell it ends up me over thinking a problem! Thank you all for the input and advice!
    The Moose is loose!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by moose55 View Post
    Finally after all this time I have found the problem! It was a bad display screen wire harness (connector). It is the cable that goes into CN3 on the LVDS PWB. In a nutshell it ends up me over thinking a problem! Thank you all for the input and advice!
    Hi Moose

Can you elaborate on what was wrong with the CN3 Cable into the LVDS PWB please?

I have just installed 6 MX2630's and it had to be the one that went up a flight of stairs that developed this same dead display issue a day or two after install. Luckily (i thought at the time) we had one new 2630 left in stock that allowed me to try swapping bits to diagnose. 1st mSata, then LVDS PWB, then Display Assy, then MFP Assy. All of that was no good and the FFC for MFP to LVDS is the next suspect to try, but now I have the issue of having the same fault on a new stock machine once the original bits went back on (so something took something out?!). Now & then on the new stock machine i can get a faint usable display when i get it to come out of sleep mode??

Right now i have 2 new dead machines and keen to get to the bottom of this one without going through too many boards.

Thanks
    muppet is as muppet does!

Jimbob

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX 4070 No Display

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
    Hi Moose

Can you elaborate on what was wrong with the CN3 Cable into the LVDS PWB please?

I have just installed 6 MX2630's and it had to be the one that went up a flight of stairs that developed this same dead display issue a day or two after install. Luckily (i thought at the time) we had one new 2630 left in stock that allowed me to try swapping bits to diagnose. 1st mSata, then LVDS PWB, then Display Assy, then MFP Assy. All of that was no good and the FFC for MFP to LVDS is the next suspect to try, but now I have the issue of having the same fault on a new stock machine once the original bits went back on (so something took something out?!). Now & then on the new stock machine i can get a faint usable display when i get it to come out of sleep mode??

Right now i have 2 new dead machines and keen to get to the bottom of this one without going through too many boards.

Thanks
    The connector clips that hold the connector securely in place were broken.
    The Moose is loose!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Reacher View Post
    Hi Moose

Thanks
    Update: Turns out the CN3 Cable at the MFP end had what looked like one connection peeled back on installation that may have shorted to the next and had taken out the MFP. Real hard to see even with magnification but that was the only thing out of place that would explain what happened.
    muppet is as muppet does!

Jimbob