Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX 4070 No Display

MX 4070 No Display

I recently had to remove the transfer lift clutch off our MX 4070 on the demo floor for another machine. Once I have put the demo machine back together I have no display panel? I have checked, and double checked ALL connectors. The panel power button comes on along with the home button, but no display panel. I did replace the wire harness from the SCU PWB to the control panel with no luck. I do not believe there are SD cards that would cause this are there?
    The Moose is loose!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MX 4070 No Display

Instead of SD they have mSATA drive. Had to replace 2 so far on these units. If you have a spare unit try it first. Then clone with HDD Raw Copy and re-image the original mSATA from the unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX 4070 No Display

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm View Post
    Instead of SD they have mSATA drive. Had to replace 2 so far on these units. If you have a spare unit try it first. Then clone with HDD Raw Copy and re-image the original mSATA from the unit.
    Knew there was something besides an SD card! I will give that a try. Thanks!
    The Moose is loose!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX 4070 No Display

Unfortunately not the mSATA card?
    The Moose is loose!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX 4070 No Display

Put machine in Emergency Firmware mode with dip switch on MFP board..... turn machine on and see is panel comes up.
    Check two bulletins below, they may assist in troubleshooting your problem

TT-012317_2.PDF

TT-051816_1R1.PDF

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Two known issues for this model:
    1. the FFC harness, (flat, white and prone to failing) are known to fail. This runs from the SCN-MFP board, under the scanner to the op panel. Scanner has to be removed to replace, a whole lotta fun!
    2. Check the LVDS harness under the op panel. This is a known issue and have had at least 3 that back out of the harness when the machine is moved. Sharp created a new part for this one.

If you know the IP and how to use VNC, you can remote into the machine to pull error codes and to SIM tests in service mode.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

had the same problem and it was the LVDS PWB part Number CPWBX2187FCE1. It is located under the display by the walk up sensor.

I have a MX3050 that had a low voltage "brownout" on supply and we are still trying to get the display up. The LED above the display panel should blink off for 2 seconds then on, off for 2 seconds for 4 sequences then become steady on state. This occurs while the boot process is taking place and my unit never comes out of the on/off blinking state. We have replaced the PCU, MFP/SCN bd, mSATA and Flash ROM. All voltages are present from DCPS. There is no EMUPDATE on this engine, we have to have a display to update firmware. Has anyone successfully brought one back from the dead?

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
    I have a MX3050 that had a low voltage "brownout" on supply and we are still trying to get the display up. The LED above the display panel should blink off for 2 seconds then on, off for 2 seconds for 4 sequences then become steady on state. This occurs while the boot process is taking place and my unit never comes out of the on/off blinking state. We have replaced the PCU, MFP/SCN bd, mSATA and Flash ROM. All voltages are present from DCPS. There is no EMUPDATE on this engine, we have to have a display to update firmware. Has anyone successfully brought one back from the dead?
    Sharpie, I feel your pain, I've had the exact same thing occur. I never did bring mine back to life.

Moose55, did you solve the problem?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX 4070 No Display

A fellow tech had to replace the MFP PWB on 3 machines, but that was at setup.