Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Mx-m623 doc feeder jams when scanning

Does not explain why it only happens on scanning. Thanks for the tip tho

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Mx-m623 doc feeder jams when scanning

Quote Originally Posted by romang View Post
    We had luck by using these aftermarket rollers
    Doc Feeder (DSPF) Roller Maintenance Kit - 100K Compatible with Sharp AR620DF (AR-620DF) (H6258)
    We too had many issues with title companies. We originally had AR-M620's and as soon as they got new MX-M753 started having problems. After many calls and sharp rep out we found it was mostly the sep roller , these aftermarket ones are are like ricoh hard foam works alot better . Try them out , just need to change frequently due to high volume scanning.
    For me it's the opposite! I think the OEM AR-620DF are better than the compatibles. But we hate the OEM AR-620rts so we use a compatible MX-850RT by PrecisionRoller and it works a lot better for us.

Quote Originally Posted by sharptech1 View Post
    Does not explain why it only happens on scanning. Thanks for the tip tho
    You said earlier that you had SPPD2 jams. This you check the MFP-TB-1005? I posted it earlier. It seems to talk about the exact problem your having.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Waiting for mojo

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I would suggest giving the springs an extra loop. I can think of 3 calls in the past most resolved by more spring tension....as a technician, I know I am about to jinx myself; I will get a call for everyone of these accounts tomorrow.

1. A MX-M753 with an ongoing SPPD3/4 codes. Looped the SPPD3 actuator spring one extra loop, have not called back all month after calling twice a week for months.

2. A MX-7040 with an ongoing U5-30 code, doc feeder tray lift error. By the time I got the call, lift motor, control board, and a partridge in a pear tree where sacrificed to the copier gods. Looped the upper limit actuator spring, and the gods were appeased.

3. Several of these new 3070-6070 units with paper pass units; I think the code is PDPPD1. Sharp came out with a stronger spring BUT I have had to give it an extra loop to get them to work. I saw last week they changed the shape of the actuator.

I have seen the actuator in the aforementioned bulletin cause issues in the field.

If your code is SPPD2_N, that means it didn't make it past SPPD1. the entrance sensor. Remove and inspect the torque limiters and clean the shafts. If they are failing, you will sometimes get flat spots on the sep roller. Check the spring under the sep roller assembly. And do not forget feed clutches. A cheap part to eliminate repeated trips or expensive boards.

As to scanning, I cannot begin to tell you how many weird things I have seen Sharps do. It has been my experience, that when it comes to scanning on Sharp, they like to keep it simple. I have seen Auto exposure settings, Auto color mode, blank page skip, file type, DPI, etc cause issues that only seem to manifest with scanning. The more it thinks, the more it stinks. Don't forget to check the job log when it comes to scanning. It will tell you if the jam was mechanical, or stopped by the user. It may also give you a print error code that will tell you exactly what is going on.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!