Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Mx-m623 doc feeder jams when scanning

I know. Revisiting an old problem. Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem. I noticed sharp has flooded google because they are aware and don't know the solution. Don't wanna replace one with a canon. Please sharp help us.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Mx-m623 doc feeder jams when scanning

Quote Originally Posted by sharptech1 View Post
    I know. Revisiting an old problem. Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this problem. I noticed sharp has flooded google because they are aware and don't know the solution. Don't wanna replace one with a canon. Please sharp help us.
    Jam code? More info please.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The main problems I have seen on these feeders are replacing the clutches, The first transport roller shaft just on the other side of the feed rollers gets smooth and slick and cause jams. Also I have seen many paperclips,staples and paper bits in the exit sensor area where the paper comes out at. Other than these three problems we have not had troubles. Had troubles at a bank where they were scanning a lot, after the clutches and the transport roller shaft troubles went away.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

maybe the sensor that is associated with the jam code is bad...there was an update a while back...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Mx-m623 doc feeder jams when scanning

Quote Originally Posted by sharptech1 View Post
    3 things.

1. Need jam codes, and maybe a 22-6 paired with a 23-2 would yield better responses.
    2. MFP-TB-1005.PDF << I had to replace this sensor, could help.
    and lastly...
    3. You're complaining about jams, and you want a Canon? A Canon. The company who looked at HP's solenoid problems with sticky sponges and said "HEY! Those sticky sponges causes a lot of jams! We should put that sponge on every Gate, Door, Actuators, and Flags to create maximum jamming after 3 years of use.

In either case. Good luck.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    3 things.

1. Need jam codes, and maybe a 22-6 paired with a 23-2 would yield better responses.
    2. MFP-TB-1005.PDF << I had to replace this sensor, could help.
    and lastly...
    3. You're complaining about jams, and you want a Canon? A Canon. The company who looked at HP's solenoid problems with sticky sponges and said "HEY! Those sticky sponges causes a lot of jams! We should put that sponge on every Gate, Door, Actuators, and Flags to create maximum jamming after 3 years of use.

In either case. Good luck.
    That 3 way unit on the Canon right door has those sponges in multiple spots, what a shit show that is.
    Panasonic DP-80xx series had those "return sponges" also; the original shit show!

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for chiming in mojo. If anyone has the fix I know it is you. First of all, it is various error codes, mostly sppd2_n. Have 6 machines doing this at title companies since install. Only happens when scanning. I can run 1k through doc feeder and no problems but as soon as customer goes to scan, jam. Went through and piece by piece replaced sensors, roller units, clutches etc. as mentioned above. Had sharp field rep come, took info back to engineering and they suggested we get customer training from sales. It happens with mixed originals turned on or off and various compression settings. I am not hopeful for a fix anymore just wanted to rant a little as I have sales, customers and others on me and I don't think the customer or myself is going to be happy with the used canon 6255 I have been getting ready to take them. Thanks for the replies

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

And oh sorry I forgot to mention the obvious things I did like boards and firmware. I fear this is just another problem engineers have chosen to ignore. Just wanted to rant so SHARP hears me

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ranting just now gave me an idea. Lol. Will post if it pans out

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

We had luck by using these aftermarket rollers
    Doc Feeder (DSPF) Roller Maintenance Kit - 100K Compatible with Sharp AR620DF (AR-620DF) (H6258)
    We too had many issues with title companies. We originally had AR-M620's and as soon as they got new MX-M753 started having problems. After many calls and sharp rep out we found it was mostly the sep roller , these aftermarket ones are are like ricoh hard foam works alot better . Try them out , just need to change frequently due to high volume scanning.