Technician

MX-4101N prints randomly rotating

Had a customer with a weird problem the other day. They would send a print job, usually checks, and the checks would get printed upside down. So they would stop it and resend the print job and it would be just fine. Im still a pretty new technician so I talked with my manager and showed him and he wasn't to sure what could be causing it since it wasn't just one person with the problem and I checked to make sure that the stack of checks was good and that they where putting them in correctly. Eventually flashed firmware just to try and it must have solved the issue since we haven't heard back from them. Their building does have dirty power and everything would flicker every 3 or so minutes but the machine is plugged into a battery back up that my manager said was good.
    Anyone else seen this happen? Any other suggestions in case the problem does come back?

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Re: MX-4101N prints randomly rotating

Try the following

- Upgrade your firmware and print drivers
    - Do not use the universal print driver
    - Setup the Bypass Tray Manually for paper size and type (turn auto paper size off). When you set it up insert your cheques so they'll feed long edge in