Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: MX-3100 Line on prints CMY only

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I think the reason you're not seeing the line on the internal prints is because of the additional density of the fill. The lighter internal prints that boutn suggests will show the same voids.

If the voids had sharp edges I might think that they were caused by dirty laser optics. But since the edges are soft I think you'll find some sort of obstruction under the doctor blade of the developing unit leaving a faint area in the developing brush for cyan and magenta. =^..^=
    I agree.....
    Sharps are notorious for crap in the DV tanks. They just modified the filters after almost a decade. The posted example look like voids on the dv mag roll.
    I have been straining out the dv material for years now. A $5 colander ( kitchen strainer ) will save you hundreds of dollars in dv replacements.

Not sure if the 3100 has this, but SIM 64-1, pattern 17 is my go to troubleshooting pattern for calls like these.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Lines can be caused by a bad memory chip. I have even had them only show up on the third page when printing. Examples of the print quality would be nice though if you want help.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack79 View Post
    Thanks for your explanation but all 4 developer and drum units were replaced and line was still there. Laser optics can be a problem. If not laser optics then what can you suggest?

When you says "4 developer units" do you mean you replaced 4 physical units or do you mean you refilled the units in the machine with new developer?

This looks like a developer unit problem

Technician

My team encountered this problem in MX-2700N. Try to clean all the mirrors in the inside part of the LSU unit, if you don't have any replacement unit try this method and be careful in cleaning.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    MX-3100 Line on prints CMY only

Quote Originally Posted by crisjue View Post
    My team encountered this problem in MX-2700N. Try to clean all the mirrors in the inside part of the LSU unit, if you don't have any replacement unit try this method and be careful in cleaning.
    This is good, but sometimes, just a re-seating of LSU connectors will take care of the problem.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon55 View Post
    When you says "4 developer units" do you mean you replaced 4 physical units or do you mean you refilled the units in the machine with new developer?

This looks like a developer unit problem
    Yes whole units were replaced because my first guess was DV U but all mag rollers are covered properly.
    This is not related to DV or Drum Units. Primary transfer belt was replaced too to eliminated this part.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crisjue View Post
    Yes I suspect LSU too.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Then I'd be leaning towards the LSU next. As Zootech said once in awhile just re-seating the LSU connectors (usually from the LSU side), can fix weird defects.

All 3 colours have the line in the exact same spot so, I would probably not be leaning towards a dirt issue. It looks more like a connector pin seating issue or bad LSU.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-3100 Line on prints CMY only

I concur with everyone else....seems like it would be the LSU.
    The Moose is loose!!