Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MX-5111n, L4-11 with binding paper exit mechanism, osm motor and Pcu pwb are fine

So I've been working on a Sharp MX-5111n. First I thought the OSM motor was fried, odd for a stepper motor to go out. Tested good, and it runs when I hit a 6-1. SHPOS is working as expected.

I've narrowed it down to the paper exit assembly, specifically the rack that is actuated by the OSM motor. It moves freely when out of the machine, but is binding on something as soon as it is fully seated and screwed in. I've checked to make sure no wires are getting caught in the gears, and frankly I'm stumped. Willing to post some pictures if necessary.

Looking at it from the right side of the machine, if I leave the left side unseated and dangling a few mm out, it operates just fine, the error code disappears, but then I'm getting persistent paper jams between the fuser and the paper exit mechanism.

This is my first time working on a sharp, and I'm growing long strands of hatred for it. Nevermind that the motor is a $4.50 USD jellybean part that precision roller is charging $115 for (I found a supplier, btw. ) I can't see inside to see where the problem is, and I'm praying that someone here has some experience. with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Technician

Exclamation Re: MX-5111n, L4-11 with binding paper exit mechanism, osm motor and Pcu pwb are fin

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrodh View Post
    So I've been working on a Sharp MX-5111n. First I thought the OSM motor was fried, odd for a stepper motor to go out. Tested good, and it runs when I hit a 6-1. SHPOS is working as expected.

I've narrowed it down to the paper exit assembly, specifically the rack that is actuated by the OSM motor. It moves freely when out of the machine, but is binding on something as soon as it is fully seated and screwed in. I've checked to make sure no wires are getting caught in the gears, and frankly I'm stumped. Willing to post some pictures if necessary.

Looking at it from the right side of the machine, if I leave the left side unseated and dangling a few mm out, it operates just fine, the error code disappears, but then I'm getting persistent paper jams between the fuser and the paper exit mechanism.

This is my first time working on a sharp, and I'm growing long strands of hatred for it. Nevermind that the motor is a $4.50 USD jellybean part that precision roller is charging $115 for (I found a supplier, btw. ) I can't see inside to see where the problem is, and I'm praying that someone here has some experience. with this issue.

Thanks in advance.
    Moderator please delete this thread. It was an inadvertent duplicate. Apologies.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: MX-5111n, L4-11 with binding paper exit mechanism, osm motor and Pcu pwb are fin

Does this have an inner finisher in it?