Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-363N printing offset

MX-363N printing offset

I have a machine I am working on a MX-M363 that for some unknown reason will not print out a 8.5 by 7 inch document without messing up the margins. I wish I had a printout from the machine to show but sadly they didn't have a way of test printing on it (company secrets blah blah blah). On the lines where it should be printing it is off by about a tenth of an inch. Which they have been able to print these for some time now no problem and when I have the computer send the print to another machine (also a mx-n363n) it comes out just fine. I have tried using another tray and adjusting margin settings etc but no dice. I tried cloning the machines settings from the other that works fine but no dice on that either. The only difference I can see is the firmware is different. I don't see anywhere in the settings where it could be messing this up. Thoughts? I want to try the firmware angle but I'm having a hard time with that due to sharp systems access since I have to get firmwares through my supplier (which hasn't responded yet).22-6 scan mx-m363n.pdf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-363N printing offset

Re: MX-363N printing offset

If it was working previously and with over 500k on the machine I would look at registration rollers. It might have a slight slip in the rollers or clutch that is effecting the smaller paper.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-363N printing offset

I have a metric crap ton of rollers around here but not the one for that machine's paper register (Sharp NROLR1526FCZZ). Which Im taking it for granted that part of the process is the rollers and sensors that grab the paper from the tray or is that further down the line? On the 50-10 menu, hate to ask kind of a newby question but if I wanted to tweak the settings to shift it down just a bit which settings would adjust that? Or would that be the lazy shortcut only going to work for like a day or two answer?

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    MX-363N printing offset

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2501 View Post
    I have a metric crap ton of rollers around here but not the one for that machine's paper register (Sharp NROLR1526FCZZ). Which Im taking it for granted that part of the process is the rollers and sensors that grab the paper from the tray or is that further down the line? On the 50-10 menu, hate to ask kind of a newby question but if I wanted to tweak the settings to shift it down just a bit which settings would adjust that? Or would that be the lazy shortcut only going to work for like a day or two answer?
    You could try 50-28 first to get it in the "ballpark"; then try 50-10 for copies and 50-12 for prints.
    FYI-I've been out of practice since retiring 16 months ago; so take this advice at you own risk.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-363N printing offset

Just played with those settings on my machine here a 4100 and I see what you're getting at. Although my training was bad enough that I didn't know that calibration test was available. I will update this post tomorrow with whatever results I get from cleaning rollers and running that calibration. Between the two of them I will either make it worse or fix it *shrugs* Thanks either way for the ideas.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    MX-363N printing offset

That's the way it goes sometimes, you try something, and if it works-great
    ; if not, try something else.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    MX-363N printing offset

Which margin is off? Feed direction or crossfeed? Is your tray set up to the appropriate custom paper size?

If it's crossfeed, it may be as simple as a mechanical tray adjustment.

If it's in the feed direction, perhaps you've got some binding in the registration unit (paper stop assembly)? Or perhaps a stop position adjustment.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-363N printing offset

Update: The 50-28,12 and 10 sims were kinda helpful but the result was the same. Under the 50-28 sims some of the reads were ER(ER) which I'm guessing is short for Error but I'm off to the google machine now for that one. Due to my lack of knowledge I was unable to figure out the paper stop/registration location/issues but Ive got the right size rollers on order so we shall see.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2501 View Post
    Update: The 50-28,12 and 10 sims were kinda helpful but the result was the same. Under the 50-28 sims some of the reads were ER(ER) which I'm guessing is short for Error but I'm off to the google machine now for that one. Due to my lack of knowledge I was unable to figure out the paper stop/registration location/issues but Ive got the right size rollers on order so we shall see.
    I know I'm late but Holy hell how are you even printing on Tray 1 with 447k on them! 😱

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX-363N printing offset

Tried a different tray and as far as I know tray two has had these same size sheets of pre-prints in them since the machine was bought. And even switching trays and loading settings from a known good machine no dice. And according to the 22-6, it has had over eighty thousand through it thus far. As for the paper stop and ER on the sim 50 reports, still somewhat clueless since the manual doesn't give me enough to go off of from what I've read thus far. Feed direction is where it's missing the mark, going too far by maybe a tenth of an inch which on these pre-prints is just enough to make the whole thing look "unprofessional" per the customer. Weekend is almost here, definitely ready to head to the shooting range and blow off some steam at around a thousand yards. Might even drag the Savin copier someone dumped off on us with me.