Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

MX5111n Printed pages have blue across entire page, fax confirmations and copies OK

Hello again!

Same machine, different woes. Copying works great. Fax confirmations come out clean.

Anything sent to print results in lines of blue across the page. I see blue toner on the wide belt in the right hand panel.

Pictures to come tomorrow if needed. I've cleaned the machine with the swabs as instructed.

Thanks in advance for the assist!

Re: MX5111n Printed pages have blue across entire page, fax confirmations and copies

First is try to have a test print using simulation 64-1(this will show you the four color of the printer machine)
    after having the test print see to it if there still the blue line..
    if there's none,, try to print another colored document, if it is clean already then try to check the file...
    if ever the blue line is still in there after having the test print, check the cyan drum unit and cyan developer unit...
    try to clean it using the vacuum and try to use the main charger cleaner(the green stick with rollers at the back of front cover)
    Last edited by Sharp Tech Support; 08-30-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

Re: MX5111n Printed pages have blue across entire page, fax confirmations and copies

Post some pics. It will help us help you!

Technician

IMG_0135.jpgIMG_0136.JPGIMG_0137.jpgIMG_0141.jpgIMG_0138.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ntbann View Post
    Post some pics. It will help us help you!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MX5111n Printed pages have blue across entire page, fax confirmations and copies OK

My bet would be the cleaning blade on the drum assembly. I usually take the assembly out and without touching the drum, rotate the drum on the assembly and see if the blade is doing it's job. But, I'm a krakhead newby so take it for what it's worth.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2501 View Post
    My bet would be the cleaning blade on the drum assembly. I usually take the assembly out and without touching the drum, rotate the drum on the assembly and see if the blade is doing it's job. But, I'm a krakhead newby so take it for what it's worth.
    Seems plausible. After cleaning the machine, it's OK for a bit, but then the problem returns.

I'll have a look. I don't have any optical polish to clean off any smudges I make, so I'll do my best not to touch it. Tips on cleaning it in case disaster strikes?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

My list reflects the cleaning blade itself being in the MX-510MK which is a main charger kit. Online the part is showing Sharp DUNT9053DSZZ, CCLEZ0222FC32, CCLEZ0222FC31 for just the blade. Sometimes you can get away with using some kynar powder (Diflouoroethylene polymer) in a dusting pouch to kind of patch it. Other than that, I dont know of any "good" ways to clean Sharp drums without damaging them. Cheaper drums you can use IPA and a microfiber cloth (which is sketchy at best either way).

Kynar / Dusting pouch

Technician

Technician

So there's toner, toner, everywhere. Brushed everything carefully away, put it back together, used the cleaning roller and the cleaning felt pad, and if anything, it's worse!

Any color copies or prints are essentially overlaid with blue. Le sigh. May have to pull out the parts cannon and replace the drum?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

You need to replace both the drum and main charger kit or the problem will not go away.