Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX-M365N Corrupt  SD Card

Re: Sharp MX-M365N Corrupt SD Card

The MX365's come with a HDD, I'm confused.....are you referring to the HDD Mirroring kit?

My other source of confusion here is that beside the emergency firmware dip switch, there is another called SD Boot. What is it used for? I've tried it while troubleshooting "dead" machines but seems to do nothing.....or at least nothing to my eyes.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    The MX365's come with a HDD, I'm confused.....are you referring to the HDD Mirroring kit?

My other source of confusion here is that beside the emergency firmware dip switch, there is another called SD Boot. What is it used for? I've tried it while troubleshooting "dead" machines but seems to do nothing.....or at least nothing to my eyes.
    Yeah, this thread has meandered a bit off the original topic/machine. Originally it was about the MXM365N, but has morphed into a general discussion on Sharp Machines and cloning SD cards and ESata drives. My comment was in regards to the MXM264N series of copiers which do not ship with an HDD by default.

Technician

Does it matter the size of the SD/CF Card as long as it's not smaller than what is in the machine?¿ Are both cards 8GB. I have 16GB cards. Will those work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narnol02 View Post
    Does it matter the size of the SD/CF Card as long as it's not smaller than what is in the machine?¿ Are both cards 8GB. I have 16GB cards. Will those work.

Thanks
    Yes it will, for the SD Card that is. However, be sure to purchase a good quality and reliable one. I'd steer away from eBay also.

Quote Originally Posted by MHeon71 View Post
    It has been awhile ago, but Sharp tech support believes it to be improper shutdown and brown outs. I think Sharp used cheap SD cards, which exposes the problem more. I installed SanDisk SD card and the failure rate has gone down. I have put some ESP's out there and they seem to help. Of course, they do not solve improper shut down or brown outs so I am guessing noise may play a part.

can you give me some steps on how to replace it with a blank new SD card, how is the process.. thanks

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post

There are machines that do not come standard with a HDD, those are especially prone to this issue. Adding the HDD option did solve our issue along with using a quality card.

The firmware dip switch is used to force the machine to load an emergency firmware file. This process was described in previous service manuals.

The SD boot is to force the machine to boot from the SD card assuming it has full boot software. This is not something that I have ever needed to do to fix anything. I have use the emergency firmware to bring a machine back that was corrupt.