Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    20

    Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....

    When the finisher pulls in paper for sets, the will go back in crooked... Therefore it won't staple correctly... What is the best way to fix this problem ?
    Any help is very appreciated


  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    918
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    When the finisher pulls in paper for sets, the will go back in crooked... Therefore it won't staple correctly... What is the best way to fix this problem ?
    Any help is very appreciated
    sounds like a finisher exit roller or a scrap of paper is the issues.. does this have "jogger arms" before it staples? some of the ricoh internal finishers would get the jogger arms misaligned and you would have to disassemble and re-sync them ( whatta bitch to do!)

    good luck let us know how it turn out


  3. #3
    Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....

    ZOOTECH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Insane Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,951
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....

    FN11 is an external finisher, and paper is 'pulled' back to a staging area where it is stapled. If paper is not sitting proper for stapling, then I would look at the reversing rollers/belts feeding to that staging area.
    Sometimes, just a good cleaning of rollers/belts will take care of problem, otherwise, replace rollers/belts?

    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

  4. #4
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts moose55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Papillion, NE
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    When the finisher pulls in paper for sets, the will go back in crooked... Therefore it won't staple correctly... What is the best way to fix this problem ?
    Any help is very appreciated
    I haven't had much long term success cleaning the rollers. My suggestion would be to rebuild it (replace both sets of rollers, and the belts). If you have never done this be patient and take your time. This is by far the best solution long term. I would hate to see you clean the rollers, then in a month have the problem reappear.

    The Moose is loose!!

  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....

    Quote Originally Posted by moose55 View Post
    I haven't had much long term success cleaning the rollers. My suggestion would be to rebuild it (replace both sets of rollers, and the belts). If you have never done this be patient and take your time. This is by far the best solution long term. I would hate to see you clean the rollers, then in a month have the problem reappear.
    Its a little tough to tell without having the finisher right in front of me... Is it in the Return roller section in Parts manua

    l23 0CW4146Q741// AL EB B BELT-RETURN-ROLLER
    15 0CW4146Q721// AU EZ C RETURN ROLLER

    I've been looking thorough this parts manual for seems like hours trying to figure this out.... Precision and Katun don't carry these which make it tough... Thanks so much for your help !!!


  6. #6
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts moose55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Papillion, NE
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Its a little tough to tell without having the finisher right in front of me... Is it in the Return roller section in Parts manua

    l23 0CW4146Q741// AL EB B BELT-RETURN-ROLLER
    15 0CW4146Q721// AU EZ C RETURN ROLLER

    I've been looking thorough this parts manual for seems like hours trying to figure this out.... Precision and Katun don't carry these which make it tough... Thanks so much for your help !!!

    Parts you want to replace are:
    (2) 0CW4141P372// - knurled belts
    (2) 0CW4141P301// - exit rollers
    (2) 0CW4141P007// - transport rollers

    When you take apart the transport shaft to replace the knurled belts and transport rollers I have found that it works best to lay all the parts out EXACTLY as I took them off the transport shaft. You will see what I am talking about when you do it. There are a LOT of parts to take off, and it is easiest to lay them out as they come off rather than trying to figure it out by looking at the parts schematic. This usually takes care of 99% of feed problems. You might also want to order the mylars just in case they are messed up (0CW4141P371// - rear mylar, 0CW4141P370// - front mylar).

    The Moose is loose!!

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    535
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....

    Quote Originally Posted by moose55 View Post
    Parts you want to replace are:
    (2) 0CW4141P372// - knurled belts
    (2) 0CW4141P301// - exit rollers
    (2) 0CW4141P007// - transport rollers

    When you take apart the transport shaft to replace the knurled belts and transport rollers I have found that it works best to lay all the parts out EXACTLY as I took them off the transport shaft. You will see what I am talking about when you do it. There are a LOT of parts to take off, and it is easiest to lay them out as they come off rather than trying to figure it out by looking at the parts schematic. This usually takes care of 99% of feed problems. You might also want to order the mylars just in case they are messed up (0CW4141P371// - rear mylar, 0CW4141P370// - front mylar).
    I am very grateful for this... I was dreading this job and sure didn't want to show up with the wrong parts... THANKS SO MUCH !!!


  8. #8
    Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Sharp MX M363 MX-FN11 Pulls in paper crooked when doing sets... Can't staple....

    Don't be afraid to take pictures before pulling it apart .


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here