Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2700n lines

Sharp MX-2700n lines

Hey everyone
    I got a call on a Sharp MX-2700n that is printing cyan lines onto colour prints. They are actually double lines, about half a mm apart. It doesn't put the lines on every page, it seems like about 2/3s of them.
    They start the first 10 mm or so as both magenta and cyan, then the magenta stops and the lines continue across the page as just cyan.
    I posted a sample.
    It looks like a memory issue to me, so I removed all the dimms and cleaned the contacts.
    Because of the KonMin takeover of Pitney Bowes in Canada we have these unfamiliar machines to work on.
    I was hoping someone would see this and know what direction I should go next.
    Thanks.

Sharp MX-2700n lines.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2700n lines

Re: Sharp MX-2700n lines

Assuming, you have done the basics as far as cleaning, have you run a sim 64-1 or sim 64-5 to try to isolate the issue?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2700n lines

rebuild the drum units, replace drums and MK kits....

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2700n lines

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Hey everyone
    I got a call on a Sharp MX-2700n that is printing cyan lines onto colour prints. They are actually double lines, about half a mm apart. It doesn't put the lines on every page, it seems like about 2/3s of them.
    They start the first 10 mm or so as both magenta and cyan, then the magenta stops and the lines continue across the page as just cyan.
    I posted a sample.
    It looks like a memory issue to me, so I removed all the dimms and cleaned the contacts.
    Because of the KonMin takeover of Pitney Bowes in Canada we have these unfamiliar machines to work on.
    I was hoping someone would see this and know what direction I should go next.
    Thanks.

Sharp MX-2700n lines.jpg
    Does this happen on both copies and prints? If both, then you might have a LSU problem - sometimes, reseating connectors at the LSU side will take care of symptoms. As mentioned above, drums/MC can also cause this - try switching the yellow drum with the cyan drum to see if symptoms change.
    If it is only on prints, try clearing the print memory (I think it's sim 67-17 or 14).
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2700n lines

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Assuming, you have done the basics as far as cleaning, have you run a sim 64-1 or sim 64-5 to try to isolate the issue?
    Assume I know about as much about Sharp as I know about building a thermonuclear weapon. Lol
    No I didn't run a sim 64-1 or 5. Up until this moment I didn't know they existed. I have to go back, so I will try those sims then.
    I maybe should say all four drums, fuser and primary transfer belt are relatively new.
    The lines are definitely printed on as they don't go edge to edge.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2700n lines

I am assuming its just on prints and not copies, is that correct? Run a sim 22-6 and that will give you the count and turn data for the maintenance cycle for each, make sure it's within specs. Also, on those old boxes they have a corona wire cleaner for each drum unit that would detach from the arm, if not secured good, and leave itself on the charge corona causing such issues. Remove the waste toner box and pull each green handle to see if they stop at a certain point, if the whole arm assembly comes out... the cleaner came detached and may be sitting on the corona unit... but this would cause issues on both copies and prints.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2700n lines

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I am assuming its just on prints and not copies, is that correct? Run a sim 22-6 and that will give you the count and turn data for the maintenance cycle for each, make sure it's within specs. Also, on those old boxes they have a corona wire cleaner for each drum unit that would detach from the arm, if not secured good, and leave itself on the charge corona causing such issues. Remove the waste toner box and pull each green handle to see if they stop at a certain point, if the whole arm assembly comes out... the cleaner came detached and may be sitting on the corona unit... but this would cause issues on both copies and prints.
    Yes, as far as I could tell, the lines are only there on prints. I will check the corona cleaners when I go back
    Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2700n lines

I would highly recommend swapping out the LSU. Those are noise lines generated from the LSU. You may try reseating the connectors on the LSU, but more than likely you will have to replace it.
    The Moose is loose!!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-2700n lines

Replaced the printhead and that didn't fix it.
    Replaced the MFP board and that solved the problem.
    Thanks for the responses.