Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sharp MX M503N crumples and jams the paper between registration roller & fuser

this beast will fold over the paper after the reg roller, ? maybe at the transfer roller as there is an image placed after the copy paper has several fold creases where some image is missing due to this, and then crumples one side as its leaving the fuser. and they have it almost in a closet. i have removed the right side door/ transport mod and inspected the transfer roller. they said it started after label jammed, but i cant find any inside. there is a strange transport guide and roller just below registration roller that transitions from a horizontal to a vertical direction, but since i couldn't pull the drum and developer modules, (due to the machine space neglect) i couldn't get that guide out to check inside.

if anyone has run into this type of issue, i would really appreciate a suggestion. i am going back and will pull it out into the lobby if i can. thank you very much, Jim

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX M503N crumples and jams the paper between registration roller & fuser

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    this beast will fold over the paper after the reg roller, ? maybe at the transfer roller as there is an image placed after the copy paper has several fold creases where some image is missing due to this, and then crumples one side as its leaving the fuser. and they have it almost in a closet. i have removed the right side door/ transport mod and inspected the transfer roller. they said it started after label jammed, but i cant find any inside. there is a strange transport guide and roller just below registration roller that transitions from a horizontal to a vertical direction, but since i couldn't pull the drum and developer modules, (due to the machine space neglect) i couldn't get that guide out to check inside.

if anyone has run into this type of issue, i would really appreciate a suggestion. i am going back and will pull it out into the lobby if i can. thank you very much, Jim
    it had to get into the closet somehow someway. get it out so you can find the problem. something has got to be blocking the paper path. That is why you are a technician.

Re: Sharp MX M503N crumples and jams the paper between registration roller & fuser

you have a label stuck in the area you described as a transition area.

Unit is easy to pull and to dismantle after removal.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    you have a label stuck in the area you described as a transition area.

Unit is easy to pull and to dismantle after removal.
    ok, i am going now. thank you.

Thanks Phil and Spanky. i got that darn thing into the next room almost as tiny room, and got that transport out. disassembled it and there it was. super small piece of label that was flat and i dont know how it was causing a problem. it wasn't blocking anything. must just have been hanging up the paper slightly and then started to skew and fold.
    anyway, i have been recovering from a surgery recently and not really thinking that smart i guess. thankfully i love what i do, and from time to time, you guys here help point me i the right direction, or give me that kick in the pants to be a man and get it done. Happy Friday and thank you so much for the advice. i do really need and appreciate it. Jim

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Thanks Phil and Spanky. i got that darn thing into the next room almost as tiny room, and got that transport out. disassembled it and there it was. super small piece of label that was flat and i dont know how it was causing a problem. it wasn't blocking anything. must just have been hanging up the paper slightly and then started to skew and fold.
    anyway, i have been recovering from a surgery recently and not really thinking that smart i guess. thankfully i love what i do, and from time to time, you guys here help point me i the right direction, or give me that kick in the pants to be a man and get it done. Happy Friday and thank you so much for the advice. i do really need and appreciate it. Jim
    yeah sometimes you have to take it down to find the cause. Glad to hear you found out the issue.

Sorry to hear about your surgery... never a fun thing to try and fight while at work,, I know.. I had a hernia about 12 years ago... took twice as long to recover from because I pushed myself too hard to get back to the grind.

yea Phil, i had gone thru the hernia myself several years ago. this time they sawed thru part of that patch to get in. this time it made the hernia seem like a walk in the park. and i was right back at work soon after wondering wtf!. man, thank god its Friday. PS, see my latest post about that machine. i am gonna be frowning all the time if that keeps happening. thanks for the help.