Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sharp mx m503n fax feature list after harness unplugged

Now what.damn.this is the machine with no space.moved it to another room to service.customer called back and said there is no fax feature on the lcd now.I went back.found that the phone line I put in the telephone Jack on the back and also that fax interface harness was pulled and the plug Jack was only partially pushed in.I reseated it, put the phone chord into the line Jack, rebooted machine several times and still n/a is displayed next to usb/network in the lcd.I can only imagine what this means.does anyone know if there is a reset for this please? Help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Sharp mx m503n fax feature list after harness unplugged

so, that was a terrible story that apparently ended well. they had said yesterday that "the fax is gone, we cant fax" I got there and both the phone line was in the "telephone" jack and the fax interface harness was partially not seated. I corrected both, but the fax icon next to copy, print and email was still showing N/A. I panicked. called tech support and checked several fax settings in sim mode. same thing. tech support alerted me to the "fax " tab in the email icon. from there I could send. I mentioned this to customer and they said" oh, that is how we do it" man, thank got its Friday.