Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MX-2300 POD_1N jam during warm-up

Angry MX-2300 POD_1N jam during warm-up

Hello People

attended this machine which has recently had a new ITBelt & ITB drive gear replaced, this time it had the old H5-01 error, so i reset it and fired the machine up

machine warmed up, then performed calibration & upon completion it said it has a jam (POD1_N), open door and remove jam - so i open door and close it, it warms up and calibrates again and calls the jam again - if i open the door, insert a piece of paper and close it, it immediately calls the jam, but with no paper the machine warms up, calibrates then calls the jam

went into service mode 30-01 all sensors tested OK, left pieces of paper over each sensor, closed the RHS door,, every test was fine - jam history shows POD_1N jams only

entered 07-01 & activated "misfeed disable" but the machine still comes up with the jam warning and won't print/copy/test page - attempted to print something in service mode and machine says "jam POD_1N" - go back to 30-01 and it shows no jams for that sensor

i did check the ITB was still functioning correctly, all good there - i will be taking a used fuser unit with me, in case there's something dicky about it or the sensor, flag arm, connector etc

anyone seen this before or got any suggestions? any pointers would be very much appreciated

thank you in advance

Andy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MX-2300 POD_1N jam during warm-up

check the fulcrums on the switch actuator for burrs or damage...also, inspect the rockers that hold the actuator for problems...I've found burrs and goo and have solved the problem by scraping the rockers smooth and de-greasing them...or the return spring (if it has one) might be the problem...possibly the tip of the actuator may be too worn...

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: MX-2300 POD_1N jam during warm-up

Check for a flipped drum blade, known issue on some of the older models immediately after startup.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!