Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

Sharp 5070 c4-20, f2-49

Strange issue on this machine, so i will try to explain every from the beginning.

This all started with a L4-12 error about a month ago. when the tech went out he noticed there was also a c1-01 error logged. he tested the main charge cleaning mechanism and it worked fine,he then replaced the springs that hold the secondary transfer in place with the updated springs from a tech bulletin addressing this. He also performed a black pm as it was almost due. everything tested out fine.

5 days later it came back with a C4-20 error. the machine would still print with the error, but the customer would power cycle the machine to get rid of the error. it would come back within the hour. the tech went out and installed the mylar that goes around the contact of the primary transfer unit to prevent contamination. tested everything and closed the call. 2 days later and 5k prints later the error came back. when i got there i noticed that on some prints the print was blurred in the center of the page vertically, i inspected everything, updated the firmware from 4.5 to the 6.5 and tested 200 pages to see if the blur or the error code would come back. everything tested fine, closed the call. within the hour i got a call for c4-20 machine totally down.

when i got there the machine was in a hard error state and there was a jam at the primary transfer belt. the blur was back but this time half the page was fine(lead edge) and the middle of the page was clumps of toner. when looking at the transfer belt it looks like the page stops half way and the transfer belt keeps going, causing the "blur". During testing i found that color copies and prints will work all day. as soon as you make a black and white copy or print(internal prints as well) the paper stops at the primary transfer, smears in the middle and throws a c4-20. looking at the trouble log it also logs a f2-49 lsu thermistor error. LSU test pass, transfer test pass, did a dv disable and added toner to test tcd sensor, passes 50-22, 44-6, 44-26 and high voltage test. it will only fail if you print black and white except for (here is the kicker) the 64-5. the 64-5 color and black and white test pattern print fine with no issues????

I have replaced the drums, developer, PTC, transfer assembly, MC PWB, TC PWB, PCU PWB, drive assembly with new clutches and sensors.

I know this is long but i am reaching for the stars here, this series has given me so many issues i just want to blow em all up. anyone have any insight on this? thanks in advance

Technician

Re: Sharp 5070 c4-20, f2-49

Have you tried another black Dev Unit, Hand a few weird issues cause by it. also check discharge LED is kept clean. Bulletin for that one just came out recently.
    Last edited by ICEuk; 09-03-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp 5070 c4-20, f2-49

Quote Originally Posted by r3d343420 View Post
    Strange issue on this machine, so i will try to explain every from the beginning.

This all started with a L4-12 error about a month ago. when the tech went out he noticed there was also a c1-01 error logged. he tested the main charge cleaning mechanism and it worked fine,he then replaced the springs that hold the secondary transfer in place with the updated springs from a tech bulletin addressing this. He also performed a black pm as it was almost due. everything tested out fine.

5 days later it came back with a C4-20 error. the machine would still print with the error, but the customer would power cycle the machine to get rid of the error. it would come back within the hour. the tech went out and installed the mylar that goes around the contact of the primary transfer unit to prevent contamination. tested everything and closed the call. 2 days later and 5k prints later the error came back. when i got there i noticed that on some prints the print was blurred in the center of the page vertically, i inspected everything, updated the firmware from 4.5 to the 6.5 and tested 200 pages to see if the blur or the error code would come back. everything tested fine, closed the call. within the hour i got a call for c4-20 machine totally down.

when i got there the machine was in a hard error state and there was a jam at the primary transfer belt. the blur was back but this time half the page was fine(lead edge) and the middle of the page was clumps of toner. when looking at the transfer belt it looks like the page stops half way and the transfer belt keeps going, causing the "blur". During testing i found that color copies and prints will work all day. as soon as you make a black and white copy or print(internal prints as well) the paper stops at the primary transfer, smears in the middle and throws a c4-20. looking at the trouble log it also logs a f2-49 lsu thermistor error. LSU test pass, transfer test pass, did a dv disable and added toner to test tcd sensor, passes 50-22, 44-6, 44-26 and high voltage test. it will only fail if you print black and white except for (here is the kicker) the 64-5. the 64-5 color and black and white test pattern print fine with no issues????

I have replaced the drums, developer, PTC, transfer assembly, MC PWB, TC PWB, PCU PWB, drive assembly with new clutches and sensors.

I know this is long but i am reaching for the stars here, this series has given me so many issues i just want to blow em all up. anyone have any insight on this? thanks in advance
    I am with you on this series....piles of over complicated garbage, the worst made Sharps ever!!... minus the SF-2118/2120 series, of course. It seems you have installed the high voltage cover sheet per the bulletin, to resolve the c4-20 error code. There was a recent bulletin about a new developer unit to resolve F2-64,65,66,67 error codes, might want to just try an updated black developing unit to see if this helps with the smears and possibly the other issues.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Please, have a look at date, itīs from 2017 !!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp 5070 c4-20, f2-49

Quote Originally Posted by OlliK1969 View Post
    Please, have a look at date, itīs from 2017 !!!!
    Thanks, did not realize it was an old thread that was dug up.

Technician

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue with a Sharp MX-3050V which is the sister model of your machine.

Did you find a solution???

Change PTC and
    PTC Outer Holder (part: LHLDZ2540FCZ2)

Known issue here in Sweden.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by SharpSwe View Post
    Change PTC and
    PTC Outer Holder (part: LHLDZ2540FCZ2)

Known issue here in Sweden.
    We replaced the MX-608CU, but still having the same issue. The color printing is fine, but the BW is jamming.

Regards

Had same problem with MX-4070, ended up being the ptc frame unit... there is an updated frame that allows spring to align better contact with ptc unit

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Has anyone else seen this fault?

Was at a MX2630 and its doing almost the same thing. Colour is ok but black will over about 1/5 of the page and stop at primary transfer.

I was told C4-20 reported. Found primary transfer to be ripped. Replaced and getting the exact same codes. F2-49 quickly replaced by C4-20

Have the PTC holder ordered.