Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Another MX-4141 problem

I should have just stuck with Canon but too late now. My customer called and said they had a finisher error. I told them to check for jammed paper in the finisher and when she called back to tell they found jammed paper, but now it make a rattling sound and it throws a L4-11 code.I pulled the exit unit out and checked everything and it all seems fine. I did swap the shift motor home position sensor with one from an old fuser and it did the same error. The part numbers are the same, I did swap them back. But now when I turn it on the display tells me to close the upper right door and I have checked everything on and around the door. I went into the sims and looked at the sensors and it shows that the right door is closed. What also is strange is the front shows closed even when it's open. I have no idea what's going on now. I am 98% sure there was nothing that I did to cause this. The only thing I was doing is taking the exit assly out a half dozen times to check if the L4-11 was happening. The manual says it might be the pcu for the L4-11. Would it cause both problems?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Another MX-4141 problem

Re: Another MX-4141 problem

I'd stick to the sensors angle myself. It seems to be a weak point with a LOT of sharps. Simulation 30 is where I tend to start with that sort of issue. The most recent case of L4-11 I had was because someone was telling the copier to staple when it had no finisher *shrugs*.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Another MX-4141 problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2501 View Post
    I'd stick to the sensors angle myself. It seems to be a weak point with a LOT of sharps. Simulation 30 is where I tend to start with that sort of issue. The most recent case of L4-11 I had was because someone was telling the copier to staple when it had no finisher *shrugs*.
    That wouldn't happen if the print driver configuration was set up correctly.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Another MX-4141 problem

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    That wouldn't happen if the print driver configuration was set up correctly.
    Typically done with an "auto configuration" within the driver, yes?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I would remove the finisher and then see what happens. If this has the FNX9 inner finisher it should disable the shifter unit when plugged into the copier. There is a cutout on the finisher fixing plate that prevents the shifter unit from moving when the FNX9 is attached' See 8-2 in the installation manual.