Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Sharp Copiers Stuck in power loop

Quote Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
    I have experienced this type of problem repeatedly accross our installed base. Machine shuts off, powers up, data light flashes a few times, machine shuts off, repeat, repeat, repeat. What we think is happening is a phishing program gets to the device through an internet print job. The phish program has a simple executable instruction that the copier is unable to resolve so it restarts in an attempt to execute the command, repeat, repeat. One municipal IT department had our machine behind a second firewall in a sensitive area and this problem came up with the machine. It took 3 days for the funky print job to show up in the spooler. I have taken our machine's IP address and plugged it into a HP when this is going on and the error 49.xx fatal error came up immediately. This issue would be a great side discussion.
    A simple batch file to delete the printer spooler directory of corrupt files.

All in one I.T. Tech software.

htttp://www.copytechnet.com/forums/connectivity/97276-all-one-i-t-tech-software.html#post561092
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Assuming the problem is first a corrupt print file in the spooler directory.

Otherwise.

Windows ethernet adapter driver has configurable software that allows for:
    o Shutdown Wake-On-Lan
    o Wake on Magic Packet
    o Wake on pattern Match
    o WOL & Shutdown Link Speed [10Mbs,100Mbs, Not Speed Down]

Not sure about SHARP ethernet adapters(for these machines) and their firmware drivers, but you may like to look in SHARP service mode settings for a similar Windows-to-MFD ethernet connect "Shutdown wake-on-lan",wake up lan" and "link speed down" settings.

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I would check WSD port and maybe turn off SNMP as previously stated. The other thing that has not been said is to check to see if the MFPs are connected to a POE switch. IF they are, make sure power is turned off on the port the MFP uses. I have seen this very issue with a POE switch with port set to AUTO or ON for power over ethernet.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Check for POE (power over ethernet).

Technician

We had a franking machine take the same IP address as the MFP and once the franking machine was unplugged the 4070N was fine.. But otherwise absolutely fine without network cable, once plugged in to the network the copier locked up within seconds and went into a reboot cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chr15tophe View Post
    We had a franking machine take the same IP address as the MFP and once the franking machine was unplugged the 4070N was fine.. But otherwise absolutely fine without network cable, once plugged in to the network the copier locked up within seconds and went into a reboot cycle.
    possible ip address crash