Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ppd2_fin jams

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

ppd2_fin jams

Have a Sharp MX-5141 with an MX-FN10 attached to it. At times this jam comes up and will continue to jam the same way till the machine is turned off with the main power switch. There will be a paper just below the PS roller without the buckle and one in the ADU unit. The papers are fed in and the machine fans run for about 30 seconds then it jams. The jam history shows PPD2_fin. It says it is (Finisher Communication Abnormality Detection). Has anyone ever seen this and if so lead me in the right direction.. Thanks Ron

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: ppd2_fin jams

There is a finisher firmware related to the jam code

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharphead View Post
    There is a finisher firmware related to the jam code
    I have seen some strange problems with the inner pass unit sensors. PDPPD1 and PDPPD2 sensors throwing this trouble code
    Part number 0CWE314000784. Might be your problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ppd2_fin jams

I had this problem recently and my issue was also in the paper pass unit. The solenoid that controls the gate on the entrance side was sticking. The foam bumper noise reducer was degrading causing the gate to stick. once it freed up it would work fine till machine sat sor a few minutes. You could remove the foam bumper or put a small strip of paper in front of it. That fixed my problem

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    ppd2_fin jams

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    I had this problem recently and my issue was also in the paper pass unit. The solenoid that controls the gate on the entrance side was sticking. The foam bumper noise reducer was degrading causing the gate to stick. once it freed up it would work fine till machine sat sor a few minutes. You could remove the foam bumper or put a small strip of paper in front of it. That fixed my problem
    Yep, just about anytime I hear/see issues like this I also look for the closest solenoid

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    Do you have the parts manual page # & item number of the offending solenoid? I believe this an answer to some of the biggest pains in my a$$.
    Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk