Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Lightbulb Office 365 "Servers Not Found"

Get a call from IT dept from a client. They can't scan. They spent hours they said, so I took a crack at it. With the correct set up Execute test said: 'Connection to SMTP server test succeeded.' EXCELLENT I said. IT goes to scan, "Selected servers not found". WTH.

So after about 20 minutes, I'm screaming because setting up their Office365, should be easy. I try my GoDaddy settings. Works beautifully, e-mails without any drama. (Thank you GoDaddy, for your simple set up).

Now... get this.. They have a 4101, with all the same options. We compare, all the settings are the same. So just in case, we CLONE everything to the 3100. All the settings from the 4101 go to the 3100 machine. We get the "SMTP Server test succeeded". IT guy on site goes to scan, "servers not found". I almost break my mouse. I tell them use our GoDaddy e-mails server settings till further notice.

I tell my boss, he purchases OFFICE 365. After a minute these settings work great:

Office 365
    Primary Server: smtp.office365.com
    Port: 587
    Secure Socket Layer: On
    Reply E-mail Address: [Username]@[DomainName].com

SMTP Auth: ON
    Username: [Username]@[DomainName].com
    Password: [Password]

NO, you don't have to use the "<" ">" anymore. That sharp bulletin out of date.

Go Daddy
    Primary Server: smtpout.secureserver.net
    Port: 80
    Secure Socket Layer: OFF
    Reply E-mail Address: [Username]@[DomainName].com

SMTP Auth: ON
    Username: [Username]@[DomainName].com
    Password: [Password]

Anyway, I just wanted to vent my frustration. I have no idea why 365 is not working on that machine. I checked the ports... but then again it doesn't matter because it's cloned from another of their good sharp machines. Sigh... any ideas?

Technician

Re: Office 365 "Servers Not Found"

I have also experienced the same problem not just with office 365 but also with gmail smtp and godaddy

See attached

Over the last few weeks I have noticed that every time I am sending to an Office365 account, it doesn't matter what smtp I am sending from, I have been getting error or the email always ends up in a spam folder. Adding the <> to the reply to address fixed my problems every time.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    See attached
    Quote Originally Posted by CopierTX View Post
    Over the last few weeks I have noticed that every time I am sending to an Office365 account, it doesn't matter what smtp I am sending from, I have been getting error or the email always ends up in a spam folder. Adding the <> to the reply to address fixed my problems every time.
    Like I said in the post. I've done it with the angled brackets, the test succeeded, but still said "servers not found" when you actually physically scan something. The problem is not the angled brackets. Thank you for your response though.
    Last edited by JLSam; 11-22-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but we had a similar problem with a couple of ours recently. It turns out gmail went & changed/ updated the smtp address out of the blue. We corrected the address & it started working again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Office 365 &quot;Servers Not Found&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but we had a similar problem with a couple of ours recently. It turns out gmail went & changed/ updated the smtp address out of the blue. We corrected the address & it started working again.
    Changed/updated to what?