Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

MX-B355W Opinions

I am usually very wary of A4 desktop MFPs and usually suggest a full sized unit if possible. I have a Client that has been using Panasonic desktop MFPs with Fax DP-190s that are now on their last legs. Sharp has a new unit called MX-B355W that may be a decent replacement but I have never really liked their older A4 Desktop units although we have a few in the field. If any of you have seen one of these yet and better yet installed one I would appreciate your opinion. Note: My wife works at this client & if it sucks I will hear about it.

Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: MX-B355W Opinions

don't do it...

Quote Originally Posted by dwarf View Post
    don't do it...
    Do you have a specific reason about this unit or do you just generally distrust this class of machine.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

If they are a AR-M355/455 equivalent, then hell to the yes. Haven't done much research on that model though, but... at least for the company I work for, we seem to stay away from new machines for at least a year. Consider the fact that if you go through the bulletin board for... lets say... the MX-3570. There are 21 pages of bulletins! From parts modifications, to broken fuser gears, loud noise... I mean... the list goes on and on. So we wait a bit, to see what others have experienced, what updates have been made. If you buy a machine fresh from the production line then there is a chance you will be the first to experience a new problem.

This is my opinion of course.

For these reasons we like to stick to a model 1 or two Generations behind. But... those are my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSam View Post
    If they are a AR-M355/455 equivalent, then hell to the yes. Haven't done much research on that model though, but... at least for the company I work for, we seem to stay away from new machines for at least a year. Consider the fact that if you go through the bulletin board for... lets say... the MX-3570. There are 21 pages of bulletins! From parts modifications, to broken fuser gears, loud noise... I mean... the list goes on and on. So we wait a bit, to see what others have experienced, what updates have been made. If you buy a machine fresh from the production line then there is a chance you will be the first to experience a new problem.

This is my opinion of course.

For these reasons we like to stick to a model 1 or two Generations behind. But... those are my two cents.
    I am old enough to remember that almost any Sharp ending in 10 was to be avoided SF-710 SF-810 were among my first exposures to dry bond copiers and both had lots of updates and field modifications. And you are right about the 3570 and their like, nothing like having a machine refuse to boot on an install.

Thanks for your opinion.

xring

The MX355W is a new box Sharp is introducing.

No history on it as it has not been released yet.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Haven't seen one yet only pictures. It looks like it hopefully will be better than the other small Sharp pieces of crap.