Technician
    MX-4141N with POD1_FUS power-on jam

Exclamation MX-4141N with POD1_FUS power-on jam

I have a Sharp MX-4141N with a POD1_FUS jam on powerup. I've replaced the fuser, the POD1 sensor, cleaned all sensors in the vertical path and checked the rotation of the primary transfer belt unit. I've also checked for a residual image on the primary belt as well and replaced the PTC Unit and replaced the PCU PWB with no effect. Still, every time I power up the MFP, there's the POD1_FUS jam staring me in the face. Can someone please tell me if this is a known issue and what a possible solution is? I'm out of ideas. Many thanks in advance for any help given.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MX-4141N with POD1_FUS power-on jam

I'd personally yet changing the PCU PWB.

So basicly you have changed pretty much everything - the fuser,sensor and the board if i get it right?
    The only thing that remains the same is the cable harness - i would check and trace the connectors/cables at each side visualy and then using a multimeter.
    The other option: this machine realy enjoys ruining your day.

Technician

Cool Re: MX-4141N with POD1_FUS power-on jam

Makes sense to me. This is a machine we use to print for customers here at the shop and the boss said to use its parts to complete another 4141n that we have to use for now. I'll tear it down later and post here what happened. I appreciated the input.

Technician

This will occur when 2 thermistors in the fuser that should be sending the same temperature information back to the PCU pwb are not sending the same information. As you have change the fuser already it can`t be a bad thermistor. My next step would be to check the connector where the fuser plugs into. Maybe some dirt or toner or a slightly bent pin. Could also be the connector at the PCU pwb. I would check these before I replaced the PCU pwb.

T.G.G.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have a machine in the field that does this exact same thing about once every 2-3 months. Customer knows when it happens to just shut the machine down, unplug it for about 1 minute, fire it back up and they are good to go for another 2-3 months. I know it is simple, but have you tried this yet? I know it;s not a fix, but it keeps them running?
    The Moose is loose!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had one in the field do this and we ended up replacing the connector and harness that the fuser plugs into on the frame side. not a fun job to do but it fixed it. I will also second it could be a bad fuser. I had a point in time where I received 3 brand new fusers from sharp and all 3 did not work with 3 different problems. YMMV but dont rule that one out. Id swap between 2 working machines just to rule that out. also might wanna run a line monitor on it for a few days just to make sure nothing funny going on with power.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: MX-4141N with POD1_FUS power-on jam

Reviving old thread, for future techs.

Had this exact same issue, turned out to be a bad heater lamp. Please see image below.

MX-4140 (MX-511FU1)

IMG_20190614_090335.jpg

Good luck.