Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M550N PPD NM2/ NM2, PFD2 NM1 Jams from trays 3,4,5

Sharp AR-M550N that is jamming from trays 3,4,5 on 8x11r, 8x14... trays 1 and 2 no issues. If you change the paper to 8x11 on trays 3,4,5 it works good, no jamming, no registration issues. The jam codes are as follows- PPD NM2, PPD NM1, PFD2 NM2, PFD NM2. The paper gets jammed in the vertical transport section before it makes it to the PS roller unit, basically just below the left-side jam door. If you run the paper 8x11, through trays 3,4,5, it does not jam. We have replaced tray 3 feed unit, and the paper detect sensor in the vertical transport unit, still no dice. Our next step is replacing clutches in the back but not sure if this will fix the issue because my thoughts are... if it is a clutch issue, would it not still jam on 8x11r and 8x14, through these trays? The registration is perfect on 8x11 through all trays, which leads me to believe the PS unit and clutch are good. The box has less than 500k on it. Any thoughts?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Sharp AR-M550N PPD NM2/ NM2, PFD2 NM1 Jams from trays 3,4,5

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Sharp AR-M550N that is jamming from trays 3,4,5 on 8x11r, 8x14... trays 1 and 2 no issues. If you change the paper to 8x11 on trays 3,4,5 it works good, no jamming, no registration issues. The jam codes are as follows- PPD NM2, PPD NM1, PFD2 NM2, PFD NM2. The paper gets jammed in the vertical transport section before it makes it to the PS roller unit, basically just below the left-side jam door. If you run the paper 8x11, through trays 3,4,5, it does not jam. We have replaced tray 3 feed unit, and the paper detect sensor in the vertical transport unit, still no dice. Our next step is replacing clutches in the back but not sure if this will fix the issue because my thoughts are... if it is a clutch issue, would it not still jam on 8x11r and 8x14, through these trays? The registration is perfect on 8x11 through all trays, which leads me to believe the PS unit and clutch are good. The box has less than 500k on it. Any thoughts?
    First we have to find out if the problem is mechanical or electrical.

I suggest you use aging sim 7-1 to disable jam detection.

If it doesn't jam, then you know the problem is electrical. Like a sensor, or a board.

If it does, then it's mechanical, like a roller.

Again, aging will greatly reduce the amount of culprits that are causing your copier woes.

Good luck. Sharp AR-M550N PPD NM2/ NM2, PFD2 NM1 Jams from trays 3,4,5

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Sharp AR-M550N PPD NM2/ NM2, PFD2 NM1 Jams from trays 3,4,5

There were a lot of problems with the paper stop assemblies (to the rest of the copier world that's registration assembly). The bushings seize up, the gears and couplers break. They pack up with paper dust. That's where I would start. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=