Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Mx-B402sc misfeeding at registration, and "cleaning transfer belt" message.

Hey gang,

Another fun one. Got a 402SC that's jamming right at the registration roller, and had a bunch of developer that dumped inside (vacuumed up and dev rebuilt).

After the jam is cleared, I get a "cleaning transfer belt" message... Once that's done, it all starts over!!

....help!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Mx-B402sc misfeeding at registration, and "cleaning transfer belt" message.

If I remember right there is a photo sensor behind the PS unit. Could have got dirty with the DV spill. Check jam history with sim 22-3 and sensor with sim 30-1.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

i agree with the above post about checking sensors in simulation, also check to see if your transfer belt is turning correctly, ive had flipped cleaning blades cause that issue.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I am not sure about the jamming but I think the message of cleaning the t b is because of the jam. The belt has a image on it when the jam occurs, so when the jam is removed the belt has to clean off before it can start over to try again.

Technician

Pull tray 1 feed section and clean the entire thing, pull PS unit and clean the sensor behind that assembly as well. Most of the time I've run into this is when the sensors in tray 1 feed assy get over saturated with dust/paper dust.