Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Paul London

ARP-450 paper jamming

Problem with ARP-450 paper jam only occurs when machine is warm. Typically machine runs smoothly for 1000 copies (500 sheets of paper duplex printed) and then jams repeatedly until machine is switched off and allowed to cool.

At this point there are 3 sheets of paper in the machine. One just entering the duplex unit. One coming out of the duplex unit back into the machine. The final sheet concertinas somewhere between the duplex unit and the drum. Any ideas.

Technician
    What jam code are you getting? APIND or POD#? N or S? What is the total print count?

Paul London
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nichols View Post
    What jam code are you getting? APIND or POD#? N or S? What is the total print count?
    I don't get a jam code on the printer display (it is a printer not a copier). Total page count is just short of 600,000 copies.

Thanks

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul London View Post
    I don't get a jam code on the printer display (it is a printer not a copier). Total page count is just short of 600,000 copies.

Thanks
    You can view and print the jam/service codes in service mode.
    The print out looks like the "22-06" page.

Power off the machine - Hold down the Menu and OK buttons-Power the machine on-Release the buttons after a few seconds-Press the Menu button until you get to "Test Print 00"-Press OK Button-Press Menu Button 1 time-Print Pattern will display- Set Print Pattern to 98 useing the arrow buttons-Press OK

Note: If it doesn't print press the menu button 1 more time and select a tray with paper in it.

Paul London
    The paper jam code is POD# - 4 rows of POD1N with a single POD2SR in the first row.

Technician
    The paper jam code is POD# - 4 rows of POD1N with a single POD2SR in the first row.
    POD1N Can be almost anything. Main drive unit, Reg unit(PS roller unit), Reverse(Exit unit), Fuser.

At 600K if not much has been replaced other than PM items, I would replace the following parts as they would need to be replaced real soon anyway.

CGIDM1887DS52PS Unit (for ARM-355-455 but it works better than the DS51)
    CFRM-1020DS51 Exit Unit
    CFRM-1016DS51 Main Drive Unit
    Also check that the PGIDM2077FCZ1 or FCZ2 is in good shape.

Technician 250+ Posts
    Seen this a million times. Replace the delivery turn unit. CFRM-1020DS51. The area where the paper reverses to go back into the duplex gets warped. Also check the duplex gate on the left door. The newer style is black the older is gray. P/N: PGiDM2077FCZ1

Paul London
    The delivery turn unit was replaced at 400,000 (now 600,000). I have now noticed the text is skewed on the paper BEFORE going into the duplex unit. It appears to me to be jamming at the entrance to the drum/transfer roller for the second time - I am duplex printing 100 page books. I'm guessing the problem is really the main drive unit (CFRM-1016DS51) that is skewing the paper. When it comes around a second time it skews it beyond the limits of the entrance to the drum.

Thanks again for the help.

Technician
    The delivery turn unit was replaced at 400,000 (now 600,000). I have now noticed the text is skewed on the paper BEFORE going into the duplex unit. It appears to me to be jamming at the entrance to the drum/transfer roller for the second time - I am duplex printing 100 page books. I'm guessing the problem is really the main drive unit (CFRM-1016DS51) that is skewing the paper. When it comes around a second time it skews it beyond the limits of the entrance to the drum.

Thanks again for the help.

If it's skewing and there is no visible damage to the paper path. I would check/replace the PS Roller unit (Registration Unit) sometimes the shaft (D-shaped) on the follower rollers (below the reg roller) rotates and the white nylon rollers can't contact the rubber rollers.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    ARP-450 paper jamming

If your getting paper skew take a look at this post:
    skew- sharp 450

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=