Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Sharp MX-4141N developer

I see the developer is rated for 150K but I have a MX-4141N copier that has over 200K on the developer since I started to service it but the copies are still good. I haven't had to deal with developer for over 30 years so not sure what color copier prints look like with exhausted developer. Anything I should be doing?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-4141N developer

Re: Sharp MX-4141N developer

There has been issues with this model depleting developer

It creates of diagonal void called cross hatch, or tiger striping

That's probably caused by main charge pulling dev, if you get that replace drum, charge and dev, possibly even dev unit to be safe

other than that, let it ride, you can't hurt the machine

just keep up on your calibrations

44-2, 50-22, 44-27, 44-6, 44-26 and 46-74

Technician

There's also a bulletin out about replacing the waste toner containers. Some of them have blocked the flow of used toner back into the PCU, wearing a ring around the drum and also pulling developer out of the dev unit. Sometimes after developer has been pulled there's nothing obvious that leads me to troubleshoot the problem. This family of machines have become my least favorite Sharp models.

You obviously have had good luck with your machine.

One thing you could watch out for is toner dusting, over-toning and, if your customer prints full-page color prints, jamming in the fuser from heavy concentrations of toner on the paper.

Technician

It pulls developer out cause the DV filters get's clogged up. The developer unit will build up pressure when moving so if your filter is clogged it will cause toner dusting through the doctor gap in turn dirtying your main charge units. Make sure your filters are clean and replace your main charge units on the prescribed PM intervals.