Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-2610N was copying/printing partially blank page only on black...now almost totally

Thumbs up MX-2610N was copying/printing partially blank page only on black...now almost totally

MX-2610 was copying and printing blank on last 1 to 2 inches toward front of machine only happening with black. Swapped drum units and same thing.

Tried cleaning LSU with cleaning wand and met much resistance trying to get it in. After getting wand in and cleaning shield the blank area increase significantly and now almost totally black or extremely light. Is this a shutter issue and if so how do I access? The customer is an hour and a half away from me and I feel partly responsible as it is much worse now than before I cleaned LSU.

Your help is greatly appreciated. I will check SM in meantime. Frank/action Photocopy

MX-2610N was copying/printing partially blank page only on black...now almost totally

Re: MX-2610N was copying/printing partially blank page only on black...now almost tot

Quote Originally Posted by axyun View Post
    MX-2610 was copying and printing blank on last 1 to 2 inches toward front of machine only happening with black. Swapped drum units and same thing.

Tried cleaning LSU with cleaning wand and met much resistance trying to get it in. After getting wand in and cleaning shield the blank area increase significantly and now almost totally black or extremely light. Is this a shutter issue and if so how do I access? The customer is an hour and a half away from me and I feel partly responsible as it is much worse now than before I cleaned LSU.

Your help is greatly appreciated. I will check SM in meantime. Frank/action Photocopy
    I have heard of a shutter solenoid issue on on the 5141 (might not be apples to apples), I wasn't involved, It didn't sound fun, however, I wonder if you could get away with removing the shutter.

The other thing to look at is the transfer belt, the black roller could be dislodged or broke.

Thumbs up Re: MX-2610N was copying/printing partially blank page only on black...now almost tot

Thank you JR. I will wait another day to see if I get more help or info before going back o customer. frank

Technician

Re: MX-2610N was copying/printing partially blank page only on black...now almost tot

The LSU-Shutter is a complete frame . the wastetonercontainer will move them away from the glasses , if it is insert in .
    take the LSU out of the machine an clean the polygonmirrors . By the way you can take out the cleaningpad witch is loosen from the grey stick .
    then you take the transferbeltunit out of the machine and check the black transferroller in it . it is possible that the holder is broken .

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michmich123 View Post
    The LSU-Shutter is a complete frame . the wastetonercontainer will move them away from the glasses , if it is insert in .
    take the LSU out of the machine an clean the polygonmirrors . By the way you can take out the cleaningpad witch is loosen from the grey stick .
    then you take the transferbeltunit out of the machine and check the black transferroller in it . it is possible that the holder is broken .
    Sorry for joining the topic.
    Is it normal for these series that is so difficult to insert cleaning tool as I had seen it impossible to remove without breaking pad? What cause this problem?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It is pretty normal from what I have seen. The Black shutter is usually the hardest of the four. When inserting, try pushing in the lever that the waste container would push when inserted correctly. This will help in moving the shutter, otherwise you will most likely bend the wand. Good luck!

Thumbs up Re: MX-2610N was copying/printing partially blank page only on black...now almost tot

thank you Michmich. I have only done a few calls on these machine where I changed a drum and or developer unit. How do I access the shutters for laser shields ad it was difficult for me to insert the cleaning wand into opening for black lacer shield and after finally getting it in it immediately got much worse.
    Do I need to remove LSU to access shutter(s)? I found service manual and shows with illustration how to remove LSU. They could have made it more easy to understand. Slightly confusing. I plan on going back to customer tomorrow. Frank

Thanks for your input smith. Had not realized you had also offered some info about shutter and cleaning wand. Frank

Hi Everyone. Just wanted you to know that machine is working now. Went to customer today and removed LSU.

There was accumulation of toner on shield and under shutter. After cleaning out the machine was back to normal.

Thanks again for your help. Frank